1.    #1  
    FWIW: I went into the local BestBuy yesterday and was browsing in the phone section -naturally- when a woman approached me and introduced herself as a Palm rep. She had a name tag and was carrying and demonstrating a Tungsten 5. (I learned later that she also had a Treo in her purse or bag.) Anyway, I told her I was a relatively loyal Treo user, pulled out my 270, and told her that I had come in to look for, or get clues on, the 650. She put away the Tungsten and proceeded to interview me asking me marketing type questions including what I knew and thought of the 650 she seemed especially interested in what I saw as limits and appreciative of the time I took to give her full, informed responses. She had been at a training session on the Treo and we went through the monochrome pages she had in her loose-leaf binder -all standard brochure stuff, and she kept apologizing graciously for not having a color brochure to give me. Anyway... I'm sure you folks aren't interested in anything but my interview of her: I asked her the WHEN question and here's what I got: Reps were told *last week* that they could expect to receive their (Sprint) demo devices in a week to 10 days. She estimated that the stores should be getting their first shipments shortly after that, although those in the biggest markets can get them at about the same time from a visiting rep. She said the Detroit area was only the 10th biggest market and she estimated that the Ann Arbor store would be getting it about the first week of December. I'd say though that it was a pretty cautious statement as she kept telling me that I should keep checking the websites. So... that's the way it was yesterday in my town.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    He he. I'm not trying to pick on you, but it seems everybody and their grandma has a release date for the 650. But its almost pointlkess to keep talking about it because the only way we are going to know when they will ship is when someone gets one in their hands.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    He he. I'm not trying to pick on you, but it seems everybody and their grandma has a release date for the 650. But its almost pointlkess to keep talking about it because the only way we are going to know when they will ship is when someone gets one in their hands.
    Granted; that's why I prefaced it with "FWIW".
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    the only way we are going to know when they will ship is when someone gets one in their hands.
    Gee, where have I read THAT before!?

Giggle.
    Guess that puts the skids on the Best Buy rep rumor saying they would be selling them on 14 Nov. How long must I continue to look at my broken Treo 600 screen?
    Dang.
    Eric
    Actually, I've heard that Nov 14th thing a few times and saw the Best Buy screen printout that was posted here showing that date. But that day is a Sunday, so it seems suspicious.
    I don't think the Nov. 14th date is suspicious at all. I worked at Best Buy a few years ago and I remember lots of new item debuted on Sundays mainly because they would appear in the Sunday advertisements. I'm sure that's how it's going to work with the 650. Expect to see it in the advert and then have it appear at the stores.

-Dan
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Guess that puts the skids on the Best Buy rep rumor saying they would be selling them on 14 Nov. How long must I continue to look at my broken Treo 600 screen?
    Dang.
    Eric
    Based on the estimates of the rep I talked to, that week is probably still a good possibility for the bigger markets, though the first shipments may be limited.
    Wonderful. Now everyone let's go to best buy on sunday 14 Nov and get this thing. If you live in Maryland, can you avoid my local store so I can get mine first? Actually, I go to a Deleware branch for tax free shopping.
    Eric