1.    #1  
    650 is an amazing product. Everyone is going to love them.

If you are like myself, you will be eagar to get your hands on the 650 asap. For those that upgraded to the Treo600, you will remember how that went and how dissapointing it was (upgrading customers (the loyal ones) got their phones last). Well all except Verizon, they didn't even begin testing until long after the phone was released.

Here is my prediction: Palm will release the Road Show version of the Treo650's LAST (all but Sprint & Verizon). This is what they did to us last year (for the people who upgraded). It sort of makes sense if you look at it from a phone carrier's view. They want an exclusive marketing campagn. So to protect the interests of the carriers, they will release the RoadShow versions last (the unlocked units).

So if you are planning on cashing in on your RS coupon and you are on GSM, you are probably in for a long wait. If it were me, I would just buy the first unlocked (branded or not) Treo650 I could get my hands on. Then when the coupon units ship just sell it on ebay or to a friend.

Anyway, I am just trying to save some fusteration for people that are like myself. Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    650 is an amazing product. Everyone is going to love them.

Here is my prediction: Palm will release the Road Show version of the Treo650's LAST (all but Sprint & Verizon). This is what they did to us last year (for the people who upgraded). It sort of makes sense if you look at it from a phone carrier's view.
    With respect I totally disagree and here is why:

The Roadshow was produced with one thing in mind and that is for widespread sales due to Corporate Enterprise acceptance. The Roadshow was focused on Corporate solutions. My company is taking up the offer for the 30 trial of one of the Enterprise Solution's offered at the Roadshow. In order for the 30 days to start, the 5 Treo's must be in peoples hands. This was not, as in the case of the Trade up offers, focused on the consumer, it was focused on the Corporate Enterprise.

Imagine the pressure on Palm one to get these into the hands of the corporate users so that the third party Enterprise Solution providers can install their products and then wait 30 more days during the trial, and then when accepted, wait again to be paid. This cannot even begin until employees have Treos in thier hands. We will have them in our hands before the carriers have them available (at least GSM people, Sprint may have phone first).
  3.    #3  
    I see where you are coming from, but those 30day trials (I sell them, see my signature) are focused on the 30day return policy from carriers.

Anyway, we will have to see. I really hope I am wrong, I know how much I was dissapointed last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    I see where you are coming from, but those 30day trials (I sell them, see my signature) are focused on the 30day return policy from carriers.

Anyway, we will have to see. I really hope I am wrong, I know how much I was dissapointed last time.
    Yes, but I know that the Palm partner company I contacted, had several inquiries regarding the program. I don't know if you were an attendee but these 30 days trials offered 5 650's at the Roadshow price. I can say that was inscentive to move forward with the 30day. Honestly my enterprise is interested in this kind of a email solution and the partner sounded eager to get it deployed.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Yes, but I know that the Palm partner company I contacted, had several inquiries regarding the program. I don't know if you were an attendee but these 30 days trials offered 5 650's at the Roadshow price. I can say that was inscentive to move forward with the 30day. Honestly my enterprise is interested in this kind of a email solution and the partner sounded eager to get it deployed.
    Is it ok to say "I told you so"?
    Maybe PalmOne should tell the vendors at the show not to call us until the VC units shipped. I got a call from Good yesterday afternoon wanting to talk to me about their product. I told them I was a contractor with the Government and had no control over the Exchange Servers and that I could not put them in touch with who was in control. Normally this wouldn't bother me since I am going to get a good deal on the 650, but since their may be a long delay on getting the VC units this did upset me a little. Wait until the demo units are out or just before shipping before pimping your products to run on them.