Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just got a confirmation from Mr. Jeff Marinangel of the viennachannels that the ATT/Cingular (the only GSM 650 we can pre-order now) is unlocked. Off to exercise the coupon & cc now
    I think this may have been answered before (I just can't find the thread), but can you order more than one 650 if you attended the show and received a coupon or is it one 650 per person? I'm trying to get a friend of mine to attend the DC roadshow so he can order a GSM version for me.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Sorry if it was already answered, I could have just missed it big time. I asked them the question on 10/28 but only rec'd confirmation today.

As far as the site shows, it is one per person. It has a dropdown to the left of the type of handset to order, max # is 1. If your friend is going to do this for you, make sure you tell him to use your email address in the feedback form - I was told that's how they track the legitimate orders, but I doubt they can track it 100% due to poor handwriting
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    I think this may have been answered before (I just can't find the thread), but can you order more than one 650 if you attended the show and received a coupon or is it one 650 per person? I'm trying to get a friend of mine to attend the DC roadshow so he can order a GSM version for me.

For each registered, attending, survey filling out person there is reserved a Treo.

Explanation:
    Register either online or at show and you give them your email address. Watch Road show. At the conclusion of the show, you get a survey to fill out that asks you your email address again. You hand them your filled out survey, they hand you a generic coupon with a code and a web address to order. When you order your Treo, they match your email to the one you put on your survey (those in attendance.) They allow you one phone purchase per person in attendance with an email address on file.
    If your email address was not in their file as an attendee, you get an email back with their regrets. I hope this helps you.
    Now, this may be a stupid question but...

On my current T-mobile Treo 600, the "network" preferences pane is "locked." (but has three T-mobile options to choose from)

I am assuming the roadshow ATT/Cing version will not that limitation? Or is this locked status referring to the phone's lack of Subsidy Level 2 lock.
    So is there anyone who went to one of these not planning on using their coupon?

Want to order one for me?
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I am using a Cinular T600 on TM, and the network is locked as well, but this has to do with the SIM, these are settings provisioned by the carrier, not on the device itself. And the interesting part is that when I had to do an advance exchange w/ Palm One, the replacement T600 is unbranded, i.e. nothing with Cingular on it.
    Register either online or at show and you give them your email address. Watch Road show. At the conclusion of the show, you get a survey to fill out that asks you your email address again. You hand them your filled out survey, they hand you a generic coupon with a code and a web address to order. When you order your Treo, they match your email to the one you put on your survey (those in attendance.) They allow you one phone purchase per person in attendance with an email address on file.

Awesome explanation, cglaguna! This is the exact information I was looking for. So, as long as the email addresses match, it should not matter where the mailing address is or does it? My friend is going to the DC roadshow, but will mail th 650 to me in California.
    Anyone planning on attending the roadshow and not ordering a T650?? (hey, you never know). Please let me know as I would really love one and can't get to any of the roadshows as I live in South Africa.

(I have a buddy who is coming over here soon so can sort out money and logistics pretty easy)

Thanks
    thanks sclui56 for that well informed answer =)
    [1] How long does the RoadShow presentation last?

[2] Is there any advantage to ordering a Treo with the RoadShow coupon other than the reduced price ?

[3] If I get the Sprint/CDMA version and I am not currently a Sprint customer, do I just sign up for a contract and activate the phone via sprintpcs.com?

Thanks...
    Wondering if the AT&T/Cingular unlocked version will also be unbranded?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mspalacios
    Wondering if the AT&T/Cingular unlocked version will also be unbranded?
    I'm curious too.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I was at the Dallas Roadshow today and asked if the GSM models would have blue screen bezel like the AT&T model was told that they would be all silver. To me that means they will also be unbranded. I know the presenter I spoke with frequents TreoCentral so maybe he can confirm.
    Unlocked, Unbranded.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Unlocked, Unbranded.
    That's great news. I'm patiently (not exactly) waiting my GSM 650 shipment