1.    #1  
    How is the Treo 650 'fourth generaton'? It's surely an evolutionary upgrade from the third-gen Treo 600, so presumably it's still third-gen itself...

Random ramblings of a bored person.

On a more serious note, what's the suspected release details for the UK? Anything known?
    Maybe the Treo90 is considered its own generation
    visor phone
    treo 270/300
    treo 600
    treo 650
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    1st Gen: Treo 180 \ 180g
    2nd Gen: Treo 270 \ 300
    3rd Gen: Treo 600
    4th Gen: Treo 650

The 650, despite looking similar to the 600, was completely redesigned from the ground up. There are very few similar components.
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    1st Gen: Treo 180 \ 180g
    2nd Gen: Treo 270 \ 300
    3rd Gen: Treo 600
    4th Gen: Treo 650

The 650, despite looking similar to the 600, was completely redesigned from the ground up. There are very few similar components.
    What he said.
    How sad they leave off the Visor Phone. Cool, but kinda like holding an Edsel on the side of your face. Miss those strange looks you got when you used it.
    Other than the case (and thus the initial impression from users) the 650 is completely different from the 600.
    i was reading on another web site that the 650 will be one of the must have phones!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  9.    #9  
    Oh ok.

I still think, despite an internal overhaul, that the 650 is an evolutionary upgrade... it does largely the same thing..
    But Wifi would have made it "revolutionary"?
    The Visor phone was deffinatly a "generation", there were other add ons for different carriers at the time. I wish they had an upgrade from my visor phone to 650 ;-). Actually they do, but it costs $ 600.

The generation status perhaps due to:
    Flash Ram (a big item - loose your power, you don't have to resync to get going again).
    Bluetooth (local wireless connectivity - even if Wi-Fi is lacking)