1.    #1  
    Please help with your feedback!!!!!!!

I live on the Westside of Los Angeles (Brentwood) and currently have Verizon with T600, which to me has the best coverage in the area. I am not prepared to wait months and months for Verizon to carry T650, so I am going to switch to either Cingular/ATT or Sprint as soon as they get T650.

I need help and feedback on the relative coverage of Sprint v Cing/ATT in this Westside area of LA. Please help as I am desperate to figure this out ASAP. Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. Or am I a complete ***** and should just wait for Verizon T650.
    I have been with Sprint for the past 5 years...good reception almost 0 dropped calls. BUT...The customer service SUCKS RUMBALLS! Try going into the sprint store on 7th and Wilshire (close by you) ....after about 1/2 hour you start thinking of all ways you could kill yourself with your cell phone...but from what I hear from my friends who have Verizon it is not without it's drawbacks, either....
    Quote Originally Posted by skikne
    Please help with your feedback!!!!!!!

I live on the Westside of Los Angeles (Brentwood) and currently have Verizon with T600, which to me has the best coverage in the area. I am not prepared to wait months and months for Verizon to carry T650, so I am going to switch to either Cingular/ATT or Sprint as soon as they get T650.

I need help and feedback on the relative coverage of Sprint v Cing/ATT in this Westside area of LA. Please help as I am desperate to figure this out ASAP. Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. Or am I a complete ***** and should just wait for Verizon T650.
    I live between Westwood and Century City. My advice? GET SPRINT. I tried Cingular on my first Treo and it was awful. There was no reception at or near my house. While the merger might help a little, I've have virtually no dropped calls with Sprint; and Vision works great.

LZ
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  4. xja
    I had been a Sprint user several years ago when they had huge coverage dead spots in Santa Monica. When I bought my Treo 600 just after it came out, I decided to give it another chance. Sprint had made significant improvements in coverage on the Westside. Now I think the coverage, for both voice and data, is excellent. My wife has Verizon service. With the exception of coverage in some buildings on the UCLA campus, I have found the Sprint coverage to be as reliable if not more reliable than her Verizon coverage.
    I also live between Century City and Westwood.
    I've been with Sptint for years. I agree completely... Sprint service is really very very good around here. CUSTOMER service is mind bendingly bad. Hopefully you never have to call them though. I would go with Sprint.
    I am in Brentwood up in one of the Canyons and my Treo with AT&T really does not work untill I get nearer to Sunset
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    when I first got sprint it was horrible coverage, I live in Malibu and they kept promising for a year that it would get better, (I had signed a year contract) and just as my contract came to an end it got better, so I stayed. (Later I learned that there was some legal dispute about putting relays in the area....after they were in place it improved reception

Customer service still sucks.....
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I live in west La and have been very happy w/ sprints coverage. It is somewhat spotty in the med center at UCLA but to be honest it seems as all carriers have poor coverage there. I'll be sticking w/ sprint for the 650 although I wonder if I'll be jealous of those w/ GSM and EDGE
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the great responses!!!!!! Sounds like Sprint is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by jzaritsky
    I live in west La and have been very happy w/ sprints coverage. It is somewhat spotty in the med center at UCLA but to be honest it seems as all carriers have poor coverage there. I'll be sticking w/ sprint for the 650 although I wonder if I'll be jealous of those w/ GSM and EDGE

Yeah I was debating the same thing....but then I considered;
    1) as far as GSM; how often do I travel outside the country, and when I do, would I really go to all the trouble to bring my phone change carriers, etc, etc. for a few weeks....or even a month???

2) the EDGE is not going to be here for a while, in the meantime (from what I gather here on the board) Sprint is still the fastest....
    I posted this a while back...
    look here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=58538
    For the guy in Ca and coverage. I am in the military and on the east coast. I have traveled from east all the way to San Diego, to Honolulu and many places in between and have always had great coverage with Sprint. For what its worth.
    I'm in the LA area and have tried AT&T, Cingular, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Sprint kicks some major *** in terms of reception. None of the others had good reception in my house, and when I go up to the local mountains to ski, I laugh at all my friends who have zero reception, while I have 4 bars.

Sprint in the LA area is great!
    I would concur. I have Sprint, our Blackberrys are AT&T and my systems engineer has Cingular (pre-merger) so I have frequent side-by-side comparison of signals. While I can always find a location where ATT/Cingular has coverage and Sprint doesn't- it's generally the other way around. I do wish that 650 would do AMPS like Samsung does- I still find a lot of spots in the boondocks where that is all that works.
    as long as People are responding from the LA area that are from Sprint...let me ask you guys, What plan are you on? My plan has expired and I'm waiting for the 650 to sign up again, just wanted to see if there is a "preffered" plan that makes the most of the data usage of the treo. Thanks.
    I just with with the Fair & Flexible Family Plan (3 phones), I was going to use Business version of Free and Clear but that was only better if I hit exactly 1900-2000 minutes a month. My reading is the unlimited Vision covers the data needs.
    Sprint BTW is the best plan by far for multiple phone and pooled minutes.
    Sounds good, i would love for all my friends and family to be with the same carrier, but they all have different....most that were on sprint changed because the customer service was so bad....