Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Everything you mentioned are just rationalizations and excuses so that you will feel better about buying the 650. Face it, Palm fell flat with this device. We are all supposed to be pseudo-tech-geeks. We crave technological advancements - we lay awake at night dreaming of them. We submit post after post speculating on what features the soon to be released device will have. Then, when it finally arrives!!! Wait a minute, is that all? That's it? They have to be kidding... Oh well, at least it has Bluetooth! The keys are curved now!! And it has a rounded antennae!!! Wow, what a great "improvement" over the 600! This thing is AWESOME!!! Come on, you can't be serious. You all know it should have been better. The only reason to stick with it is because you love the platform and the form factor. Fine, but at least admit it to yourselves.

Ask yourself this: if you walked into Best Buy tomorrow morning to look at televisions, and you saw a 52 inch Hitachi plasma sitting next to a 27 inch Zenith tube set (with a brand new remote control design), and they were the same price, which would you buy? Assume you just love Zenith brand. If you would buy the Zenith then it would be for only one reason - you like Zenith and want to stick with it. Otherwise, you like to stay ahead of the pack and own the latest technology available. It's that simple...
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
  2.    #22  
    I suppose I'm going to have to make a new thread if people don't take this Clie business to another thread or private messages.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean18
    Ask yourself this: if you walked into Best Buy tomorrow morning to look at televisions, and you saw a 52 inch Hitachi plasma sitting next to a 27 inch Zenith tube set (with a brand new remote control design), and they were the same price, which would you buy? Assume you just love Zenith brand. If you would buy the Zenith then it would be for only one reason - you like Zenith and want to stick with it. Otherwise, you like to stay ahead of the pack and own the latest technology available. It's that simple...
    It's not about the latest technology all the time. There are cameras with with 7 to 10MP now, but you wouldn't catch me using them because they don't fit in my pocket. Your analogy is extremely flawed because it only takes the specs into account. The decision on which to purchase goes a lot deeper than that. No other phone that competes with the Treo has a form factor and usability close to the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    It's not about the latest technology all the time. There are cameras with with 7 to 10MP now, but you wouldn't catch me using them because they don't fit in my pocket. Your analogy is extremely flawed because it only takes the specs into account. The decision on which to purchase goes a lot deeper than that. No other phone that competes with the Treo has a form factor and usability close to the Treo.
    Quite the contrary - it IS about the latest technology all the time, that's exactly what we all want! If you don't think so, then go buy a leather-bound DayPlanner and do away with this hi-tech gadget stuff. The analogy is perfect, you flawed it with the 7 to 10MP camera statement. What you forgot to add is the fact that the 7 to 10MP camera would have to be the same size as a 3 to 4MP camera so that it does fit into your pocket! Further, that they are the same price as the smaller models. That's the idea - when you have two devices, basically the same in size and cost, and one contains several features and technologies that the other does not, why choose the lesser of the two? There is only one reason to do so, because you like the Palm OS better, which is fine. All I am saying is to admit that as your reason, and don't try to inflate the 650 into something that it isn't - an up to date, feature packed, technologically ahead of its peers device. That's what the pda2k is.
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12