Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wbarker
    It says '4-6 weeks', but it's the first place I found that allows you to order one!

I figure I can always refuse delivery or return it if it comes out quicker or cheaper somewhere else!
    How did you buy one on Amazon if there is no "Buy it Now" button and the Availability states "This item is not stocked or has been discontinued."?

Cheers, W.
    Who says that taxing everyone at the same percent rate is the "fair" thing to do? Why not tax everyone at the same dollar rate? We'd be treating them equally, wouldn't we? Or why not tax everyone at the square root of their dollar income? Or the cube root? Or tax everyone so that we all have the same after-tax income? A flat tax might be "fair" if you think of proportions in a cartesian co-ordinate system, but who's to say we can't think in logarithmic or some other non-cartesian co-ordinates? To mis-quote a line from the movie Papillon "Fair is for God and little children."

Wow, what burr got up my rear there?

Anyway, is someone asking Amazon to pay for shipping a Treo to them so that they can see whether someone else can beat the price? Cancelling an order prior to shipment is one thing. Cancelling after shipment for this type of reason just doesn't seem fair to me!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    How did you buy one on Amazon if there is no "Buy it Now" button and the Availability states "This item is not stocked or has been discontinued."?

Cheers, W.
    When I posted my original message, it didn't say "this item is not stocked or has been discontinued." It said "usually ships in 4-6 weeks" and it had a button for putting in orders, which I wernt ahead and did. I haven't heard anything back from them so I sent them an email and they replied saying that they expected it to ship in 4-6 weeks from my order entry date. I'm hoping it goes through in the end, but I'm not really holding my breath. By the way:Shipping estimate: January 7, 2005
    Last edited by wbarker; 11/05/2004 at 12:45 PM.
    Mine says shipping estimate is January 4th. Hopefully, it ships a lot sooner than that though
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12