1.    #1  
    What is the best deal for a 1 Gig card at present - both with MIR and without?

Thanks
    Lexar 1GB SD card for $55 after a $20 MIR @ eCost.com

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/...sp?dpno=493581
    How is this card in terms of speed? I'm pretty sure I'll only be using the card for storing files and MP3s.

A related question--a lot of people look for fast speeds. What applications for the Treo are inhibited by a slow card? Only ones I can think of are video and voice recording direct to a memory card rather than to internal memory.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Lots of threads here on various cards and speeds (how about trying the nifty search feature...)--shop carefully, especially with Lexar.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Lots of threads here on various cards and speeds (how about trying the nifty search feature...)--shop carefully, especially with Lexar.
    I appreciate the suggestion, but just like the original poster I have the same questions. I have been all over this forum as well as mytreo's forum and it seems hard to find a consensus opinion from the masses. Also, please elaborate on the Lexar comment. Is this the 32X vs. the standard card issue or just Lexar in general? I am ready to pull the trigger on a 1 gig card (and was leaning towards the Lexar) so any clarification would be appreciated.

Any input to this thread will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ken
    Last edited by ky70; 11/03/2004 at 02:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'd also appreciate any current info. I'm about to get either a 512 or 1 gb high speed card. From what I've seen, although Sandisk had issues earlier, the Ultra II appears to be a reliable and consistently high speed read/write card. Any comments are appreciated....
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I just bought (11/1) a 1gb SanDisk SD card from newegg.com for $69 with shipping - no rebates, no questions. They fed ex'd it via express saver and I should have it on 11/4.
    The problem is that this is a moving target. Prices change, rebates come and go. The idea to seardh this forum is for you to get a feel for the market and what people have found recently. You should try to get a 'high speed' card (and be careful how these are marked and advertised). Some vendors and manufacturers do not clearly and properly mark and/or market these cards, and it is really 'caveat emptor'. I had a hassle with misrepresented Lexar 1GB SD cards, and had to exchange 2 cards with buy.com to get the 32x ones I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Lots of threads here on various cards and speeds (how about trying the nifty search feature
    Because I'm lazy as hell

Actually, if you do a search there are waaaay too many threads to wade through that have outdated information. Most questions I usually find my answers to by searching, but for this one I figured it was worth trying to get updated information.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Thanks for the Help!!

I read somewhere that the speed difference between the 32x and standard cards are immaterial due to the limitations of the Treo 600...is this true?
    Not sure if this one was mentioned already, eBuyer.com has a SanDisk 1GB for $68, no rebates needed and free shipping:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...uct_uid=155634