Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Just got a replacement 600, and used BackUpMan to restore it. Everything seems to have worked perfectly. When I did a hotsync however, it took a very long time and looked like it was backing up every single program. Is this normal?
    Not sure. I also use BackupMan but never noticed this behavior. Makes sense though. Event though your system has been reinstalled to a known state, the modfication and/or backup bits may not have been restored to their prior settings.
    Same thing happens for me. As noted above, I think the backup settings change and all data appears "new" to hotsync manager.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I guess it's normal behavior. Thanks for the replies.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Sometimes when I have done backups and subsequently restored the device I have found duplicated contacts. Only some of them fortunately, but I'd love to figure out why and maybe how to stop that from happening...
    Quote Originally Posted by procure
    Just got a replacement 600, and used BackUpMan to restore it. Everything seems to have worked perfectly. When I did a hotsync however, it took a very long time and looked like it was backing up every single program. Is this normal?
    Did your subsequent hotsync after restore happen after the time change? Long hotsyncs would be normal after a time change because all time stamps are different. Just FYI.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    No, everything happened after the time change. I didn't notice a longer hotsync right after the time change.