Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By p41m3r
  1.    #1  
    i live and work in orange county and have heard bad things about sprint's coverage around here. any experience (good or bad) to share? thanks.
    I live in San Diego, and I hear that Sprint sucks here. I am planning to use T-Mobile unless a Sprint user say something different.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I travel to San Diego all the time with my Sprint phone, and I have had no problems at all with service.
    No problems with sprint in san diego for me. The only problem sprint had in San Diego was the 20 mile stretch on the 5 freeway going through the Marine's Camp Pendelton, but about one year ago, they added service to that area as well.

I drive from San Diego to Mission Viejo every day, and the phone does not cut. My work cell phone (AT&T) drops calls in San Clemente and Encinitas.
    Last edited by bchahi8ne; 11/02/2004 at 03:49 PM.
    Don't know about Sprint but I'm using a Treo 600 on T-Mobile and I live in Orange County. The coverage is great for me.
    I rarely have any problems in OC or SD. There will be some dead spots, but overall very good reception. My Verizon & TMobile (esp. TMobile) friends seem to complain about their service more than me. No ideas on Cingular/ATT.

If you want to look into this further, talk to "larry" over at sprintusers.com. He's very knowledgable about the Sprint cell towers in OC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic
    Don't know about Sprint but I'm using a Treo 600 on T-Mobile and I live in Orange County. The coverage is great for me.
    Sry Spark, I didn't mean to pick on TMo in my last post. Just stating my personal observations. My friends have some clamshells & the Sidekicks.
    I switched from verizon to sprint when the T600 came out. Great plan and great coverage (and great data speeds at outstanding prices). ironically the only reason I would consider switching back is customer service. my 600 has been replaced 4 times and each time has been a nightmare experience. I live in the seal beach area.
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
    It dies at the border area... Imperial Beach is a dead zone (even without Sprint service, come to think of it).
  10.    #10  
    excellent info... i think you guys convinced me. a little concerned about customer service though.
    I've got a CDMA 600 on Sprint, and it works well in Santa Barbara and LA, as well as just about everywhere else I've been in the nation.

I know there's a lot of discussion about the merits of GSM versus CDMA, but I think it's important to note that in my area GSM has particularly poor coverage, and for that reason I advise people here to get CDMA.
    My sister Lives in San Diego and I live in L.A. and through our travels we never have any problems with our Service.
    I am so glad to hear all these great testimonials about Sprint. Before, Sprint was not even on my radar. Now, I'm definitely going to give it a shot. At least I have 14 days to return if anything goes wrong.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSK M3/4
    i live and work in orange county and have heard bad things about sprint's coverage around here. any experience (good or bad) to share? thanks.
    It depends on where you live a great deal. I have read a good deal about Sprint coverage and speed but, I have both and in Orange County my Treo Cingular is much better than my Sprint i330 for coverage. ALthough Sprint has improved a great deal i the last 5 years in this area, they still hav very spotty service in the OC. Also while their phone service coverage may improving, their features services are not.

Sprint has many problems with Short mail delivery, Voicemail notification ... At least here in So Cal. Not worth the trouble and since their pricing plans have come up to everyone elses, I prefer the benefit of having World access with GSM Cingular.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Sprint has many problems with Short mail delivery, Voicemail notification ... At least here in So Cal. Not worth the trouble and since their pricing plans have come up to everyone elses, I prefer the benefit of having World access with GSM Cingular.
    Would have agreed with statement 3-4 years ago. However, that is no longer true for me. I don't miss any more voicemails or shortmail (now SMS). Sprint will have better reception in places were gsm phones (cingular) coverage is lacking.

I am a very happy Sprint user in San Diego. As for customer service... in reality all my frieds complain about there provider (Att, Cigular, Verison, etc).

Sprint usually has been good to me, always replaced phones (sometimes you need to be a little demanding), and they recetely sent me a coupon for a free treo 600 accessory since my phone had to be replaced. So what i am saying is your milage as far as customer service will vary.
    sprint has the worst reception in ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA + the worst CUSTOMER SERVICE
    9 years later and nothing's changed? Say it aint so Sprint!

If thats really the case then its beyond shameful. I feel for those who could not switch or refused to in the hope that it would get better.

In other news...
    The gov't has deployed its Zombie Task Force as numerous dead threads have been seen walking throughout the Mobile Nation. Citizens are advised to use caution in Palm City and Central Treo and to avoid the bushes in the webOS Regions.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.