1.    #1  
    So this morning my Treo 180 started exhibiting some odd behavior - it would respond *VERY* slowly to buttonpresses, taking 15 seconds to swap screens in some cases, not dialing, etc. Soft reset fixed for a while, then it recurred. It's happened 4 times so far today. Any ideas?
    some software conflict. do a hard reset and only install the standard software - no hacks etc. then you can slowly start installing the rest of the software one by one until you find the culprit. thats my suggestion.
    Could be radio related as well. My previous t180 started to function slower and slower until I finally got the dreaded "endless network search" problem. Handspring's radio reset utility didn't fix it either, so I requested a replacement unit from my service provider. żDoes your treo work normally if you keep radio mode off, or do you experience the same slowdown?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chriz
    Could be radio related as well. My previous t180 started to function slower and slower until I finally got the dreaded "endless network search" problem. Handspring's radio reset utility didn't fix it either, so I requested a replacement unit from my service provider. żDoes your treo work normally if you keep radio mode off, or do you experience the same slowdown?
    It turns out that this problem is reproducible and is related to my geographical location - when I'm in the Clintonville area of Columbus (intersection of Adams and Blake streets) the problem occurs frequently. Elsewhere in town (e.g. near Morse and Cleveland) or in my hometown (Cincinnati) it hasn't happened at all. Could be related to the tower I'm accessing??? My unit hasn't had the GPRS upgrade installed yet (I'm awaiting a sync cable) and I'm hopeful that this may solve the problem.
    Then it's almost certainly a radio problem, I'd say. Maybe related to poor reception in certain areas. I don't know if the GPRS upgrade will help, but its a good shot.
    just wanted to find out if you ever solved this problem of yours??? Also started happening on my treo a couple days ago...but its not the cell cite because it started happening on my 270 even in the old places i used it on.

I treid everything...hard reset, re-installing grps update, etc...nothing worked. The unit still slowed down after a few minutes when i turn on the phone.

Finally called up palmone and convinced them to give me a replacement!