1.    #1  
    I just got a 1 gig SANdisk SD card. All I've put on it is a bunch of mp3's. I tried changing the names of some of the files through FileZ, which seemed to work ok. Later on, I tried accessing the card and a couple of new files appeared in the AUDIO file that looked like gibberish, so I tried to delete one. Well, then the Treo froze and I had to soft reset. Now, whenever I try to access the AUDIO file through Filez or try to look at the card through Card Info, the Treo will freeze. Any advice? I can't format the card because I can't access it. Any help would be appreciated!
    Al
    Quote Originally Posted by ricketts0
    I just got a 1 gig SANdisk SD card. All I've put on it is a bunch of mp3's. I tried changing the names of some of the files through FileZ, which seemed to work ok. Later on, I tried accessing the card and a couple of new files appeared in the AUDIO file that looked like gibberish, so I tried to delete one. Well, then the Treo froze and I had to soft reset. Now, whenever I try to access the AUDIO file through Filez or try to look at the card through Card Info, the Treo will freeze. Any advice? I can't format the card because I can't access it. Any help would be appreciated!
    Al
    I once got in trouble monkeying around in FileZ as you have. I do not have enough know-how to get you out of the jam that you are in right now. But I can help you for the future......get BackupMan from www.bitsnbolts.com or any of the other back-up apps that automatically backup your phone every night (or whenever you setup the backup to occur). This way, if you delete something that you thought was useless and it turns out to be, well, quite important, you can simply restore the latest backup and all is well.

Sorry I don't know how to help you futher. I believe there is a command you can type into the Treo that will at least tell you the file name you deleted so someone at Palm, your carrier or even here on TC can assist.
    That happened to me once. I either erased the card or reformatted it in my computer. Then the Treo recognized it and I reformatted it in the Treo.
    I also use Backupman (somewhat frequently, unfortunately). In addition, you should copy your card to your computer, as Backupman does not back up the card's data.
    How do you re-format the card? I just bought a 512MB and anytime I put it into the reader and try to access the files, it says it is corrupt and unreadable.
    Last edited by lulugirl896; 11/05/2004 at 11:50 AM.
    Sounds like a a few people are having USB issues with their readers.