1.    #1  
    Can someone give a rundown on the key features for each, and the main differences between Voice Launcher and Voice Dialer?
    i am registered for both found voice dialer after voice launcher. found for me i am getting better recognition from voice dialer. Neither one works good in car at this time but i feel both of them are working to correct it.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    i am registered for both found voice dialer after voice launcher. found for me i am getting better recognition from voice dialer. Neither one works good in car at this time but i feel both of them are working to correct it.

Fred
    I would ditto that

If you want a voice app, register both and then sit back and watch these 2 apps evolve into something very special

It will not break the bank.

Chas
    Quote Originally Posted by hansbuehler
    Can someone give a rundown on the key features for each, and the main differences between Voice Launcher and Voice Dialer?
    To answer your question directly :

Voice Dialer will only voice dial phone numbers,
    Voice Launcher will do the above plus voice launch most apps on your Palm.

As to which is best, download the demo of both and give them a go.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    i found that with voice launcher, i can assign a specific number to a pattern.

voice dialer will ask you to choose a contact, record a voice pattern, and then dial per voice command. the problem i have with voice dialer is that some of my contacts have multiple numbers and it doens't allow me to assign a pattern to a specific number. i tried this out yesterday with the lastest release and it stills dials whichever number it pleases.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    i found that with voice launcher, i can assign a specific number to a pattern.

voice dialer will ask you to choose a contact, record a voice pattern, and then dial per voice command. the problem i have with voice dialer is that some of my contacts have multiple numbers and it doens't allow me to assign a pattern to a specific number. i tried this out yesterday with the lastest release and it stills dials whichever number it pleases.
    The Voice Dialer will dial the selected contact number (highlighted). We are working on new udpate.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentforu
    The Voice Dialer will dial the selected contact number (highlighted). We are working on new udpate.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    will that be with the update because the current version doesn't??
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Will either app work on the 650?
    We are about to release VoiceCommander which works with voiceDialer. with voice commander installed you can dial anybody from any app. you dont have to be in the dialer app. just press the activation key and then say the voice command.

also voice commander supports launching any application plus system commands such as find, support snapperMail newMail and Fetch mail, 5way nagivation commands and many more system commands.

voice commander will be available tomorrow at www.toysoft.ca

Smilley
    What happened to voice commander tomorrow past by a couple of days

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    To add to this.

We are about to release VoiceCommander which works with voiceDialer. with voice commander installed you can dial anybody from any app. you dont have to be in the dialer app. just press the activation key and then say the voice command.

also voice commander supports launching any application plus system commands such as find, support snapperMail newMail and Fetch mail, 5way nagivation commands and many more system commands.

voice commander will be available tomorrow at www.toysoft.ca
    I think this has been said before, yet I must reiterate. I think it is absolutely beautiful how you guys wait for an up and coming developer to create an app, and then "out of the blue", you take their innovative idea, and utilize the fact that you have more resources than the "rookie" developer so you are able to "tweak" the app a little bit. Then you slap your name on the app, and release it after the developer has taking all the heat for the few bugs their app possesses. But what is really great, is how the app you release is a hundred times more buggy, than their's could ever be. Guess that's Karma. Simply ingenious. Kudos to you toysoft! Kudos!
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    I think this has been said before, yet I must reiterate. I think it is absolutely beautiful how you guys wait for an up and coming developer to create an app, and then "out of the blue", you take their innovative idea, and utilize the fact that you have more resources than the "rookie" developer so you are able to "tweak" the app a little bit. Then you slap your name on the app, and release it after the developer has taking all the heat for the few bugs their app possesses. But what is really great, is how the app you release is a hundred times more buggy, than their's could ever be. Guess that's Karma. Simply ingenious. Kudos to you toysoft! Kudos!
    I've lost count of the number of times in the past week we have been told that they are about to release this overlay.

Talk about hijacking a thread as an advert
    Thought of the day :
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I've lost count of the number of times in the past week we have been told that they are about to release this overlay.

Talk about hijacking a thread as an advert
    Not to mention, what nerve to be releasing anything when they still have'nt FIXED lightwav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domingo
    Not to mention, what nerve to be releasing anything when they still have'nt FIXED lightwav.
    My sentiment exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    If you only knew. Just wondering how you guys come up with all this BS. Do you really know what we are doing?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    If you only knew. Just wondering how you guys come up with all this BS. Do you really know what we are doing?
    Actually smiley88 I agree with you and think you are producing a good service.

After all, the VD people have said that they have made their product available to 3rd party software writers, like you, to make add ons.

But I think you could just take these 2 points out of this thread

1. You have said "coming tomorrow" twice, and it did not.

2. There seem to be a few upset people out there very cross with you.

I know there will always be those you can not help, but I never see these type of comments about products like Butler, Treo Guard etc. Perhaps those software houses have a slightly better approach

I'm not attacking you, just responding to your "bs" comment, which has reduced the tone a bit.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Actually smiley88 I agree with you and think you are producing a good service.

After all, the VD people have said that they have made their product available to 3rd party software writers, like you, to make add ons.

But I think you could just take these 2 points out of this thread

1. You have said "coming tomorrow" twice, and it did not.

2. There seem to be a few upset people out there very cross with you.

I know there will always be those you can not help, but I never see these type of comments about products like Butler, Treo Guard etc. Perhaps those software houses have a slightly better approach

I'm not attacking you, just responding to your "bs" comment, which has reduced the tone a bit.

Chas

Hi All,

I want to make things clear for all reading this thread. We have been working with Toysoft for several months. We are working together to produce the best product for voice dailing and voice navigation. I will leave it at that for now

When we release, it will provide many rich features that have been voiced over this and many other forums. It does take a while to collect, determine, and then code what features make the most sense.

I hope all understand good things are coming...

Thanks for your time,
    Noel Grover

We all look forward to the release, and more dialog.