Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    I just received the following e-mail from the Manager of my company's AT&T Business Support Division:

    "At this time we are looking at a launch in the late December. We do expect there will be a "pre-order" phase once we have more confidence on what the exact launch date will be."

    I guess it is time to hurry up and wait.
    _______________________

    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhead
    I just received the following e-mail from the Manager of my company's AT&T Business Support Division:

    "At this time we are looking at a launch in the late December. We do expect there will be a "pre-order" phase once we have more confidence on what the exact launch date will be."

    I guess it is time to hurry up and wait.
    if that is true the 650, siemens sx 66, and the mpx 220 will be on my wish list for christmas
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  3. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #3  
    I'm also lookin' forward to the Motorola MPX 220!
  4. #4  
    Check out the Audiovox SMT5600 from ATT. Dynamite little phone. With the exception of only being 3 bands and not a flip (but almost the same size) it's everything the 220 should have been ... without all it's bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    I'm also lookin' forward to the Motorola MPX 220!
  5. #5  
    You can already pick up the MPX220 unlocked from Best Buy. I bought one and am currently using it with T-mobile and LOVE IT! I've been watching movies on it, browsing the web, getting pop3 email and playing games with the nintendo emulator I installed on it. It truly is an impressive little device. It will definitely tide me over until the 650 is released, at which point the MPX220 will be a backup phone.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhead
    ...At this time we are looking at a launch in the late December. We do expect there will be a "pre-order" phase once we have more confidence on what the exact launch date will be...
    Just in time for the Christmas sales rush - not! Very frustrating.

    Dunc
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Check out the Audiovox SMT5600 from ATT. Dynamite little phone. With the exception of only being 3 bands and not a flip (but almost the same size) it's everything the 220 should have been ... without all it's bugs.
    i played with the audiovox, good device, but i did not like it
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by csunracer
    You can already pick up the MPX220 unlocked from Best Buy. I bought one and am currently using it with T-mobile and LOVE IT! I've been watching movies on it, browsing the web, getting pop3 email and playing games with the nintendo emulator I installed on it. It truly is an impressive little device. It will definitely tide me over until the 650 is released, at which point the MPX220 will be a backup phone.
    how is the calendar functions for it. how long can you keep your schedule in it. for a couple of months backwards and forwards?
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  9. #9  
    PLEASE let it be in Dec. I get a 20% discount on all their plans and products if I switch to them through our work. Am currently w/ VZW but can't switch until they release the 650 or they won't give me discount on it if it is out after I join!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  10. #10  
    I just switched from VZW last week. I get a 25% hardware discount & 6% plan discount from AT&T through the State of NJ. However, according to them, they do not discount any PDA devices on their FAN accounts with the exception of GE and maybe 1 or 2 others. That was the case with the Audiovox SMT5600 I just got while waiting for the 650 and I was told it applies to all "data centric devices". The best part of that deal was that I get a 1yr committment and pay the 2yr committment pricing with all signup fees waved.

    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    PLEASE let it be in Dec. I get a 20% discount on all their plans and products if I switch to them through our work. Am currently w/ VZW but can't switch until they release the 650 or they won't give me discount on it if it is out after I join!!!!
  11. #11  
    FWIW, I received this email yesterday:

    "Thank you for your Treo 650 Cingular/ATT model. This smart device is unlocked and will operate on other GSM networks such as T-Mobile as well.

    Your order is confirmed and will be shipped as soon as our inventory is received from palmOne. We hope to have inventory sometime within the next week and will keep you updated on status."

    I am buying mine through a roadshow coupon.

    Rob
  12. #12  
    Since they're obviously not going to ship it to you BEFORE they have it, that email says literally nothing about shipping.
  13. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #13  
    "We hope to have inventory sometime within the next week" sounds pretty good. Are you back on your soapbox, SV?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Case
    FWIW, I received this email yesterday:

    Your order is confirmed and will be shipped as soon as our inventory is received from palmOne.
    So where did you order it from? AT&T?
  15. #15  
    I'm also interested in where I can order the GSM unlocked version. Also, if anybody get's ahold of a 650, can they possibly try to use it in a new Acura TL? I'm dying to know if this phone will work in my car or not.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    So where did you order it from? AT&T?
    I ordered it through the Vienna Channels website with a roadshow coupon. The email was from a person with Vienna Channels.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Since they're obviously not going to ship it to you BEFORE they have it, that email says literally nothing about shipping.
    What an odd analysis of the message.

    You have to combine two sentences to get the full picture. First the message says that the device "will be shipped as soon as our inventory is received from palmOne" and then it says that "We hope to have inventory sometime within the next week."

    Although that certainly is not an enforceable promise, the message clearly states that they *hope* to start shipping units next week. No more, no less.

    Rob
  18. #18  
    Heard about Sprint's purported purchase of ALL TREO production for the rest of the year?

    How does a GSM TREO 650 next week fit into that?

    Hmmm...
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Heard about Sprint's purported purchase of ALL TREO production for the rest of the year?

    How does a GSM TREO 650 next week fit into that?

    Hmmm...


    I guess "purported" holds as much weight as the email message we recieved. But, i dont know why they would have said inventory was arriving next week, if it wasn't. I fullly expected an email that said,

    "This is your order confirmation. Your GSM order is in our order que. When Palmone starts shipping GSM orders will be filled in the order they were received. "

    But it didn't, it said that orders will be shipping as inventory arrives and we "expect" that next week. I think they like to mess with us, then they come here and watch how they have messed with our minds.
  20. #20  
    As I (1) did not draft the email and (2) have not seen the exclusivity agreement allegedly entered into between PalmOne and Sprint, I cannot determine how the agreement impacts the release date for GSM Treos.

    However, if you would like to retain me, I would be happy to investigate the matter further.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions