Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Anyone know if the Treo 650 is ready link capable? Was curious to know what the extra button under the volume rocker is then? Would be great to have push to talk on the Treo 650 if so.
    Everything I have seen so far says the extra button is "user-configurable". I didn't see any mention of Ready Link in the Sprint 650 spec sheet.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    Everything I have seen so far says the extra button is "user-configurable". I didn't see any mention of Ready Link in the Sprint 650 spec sheet.
    agreed
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Dang.. I truely wish it was ready link.. That would almost have me forget about WiFi not being present. Owell .. Guess we cant have it all if not we would complain.. Actually we probably still would.
    I am speculating that the user defined button can work as ReadyLink.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I read on other forums and previews, that we cant get ready link on it. I just wish it was not the case.
    Any new info on this? Especially considering the new Sprint/Nextel deal...
    It's clearly possible since Orange wrote a program for this functionality before. I believe that would mean it's up to Sprint to write their own program. I doubt they will do it since the demand prolly isn't that high for it. Personally, I'd rather have ready link than a camera, but usually we have to make due with what the masses desire.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Isn't ReadyLink just a VoIP system that runs on their data network? Shouldn't it be possible to write the app for PalmOS?
    Possible: yes.

Probable: no.
    I'm pretty sure that cell phone companies in general use VoIP. That's why the Family Plans are only $10-20 per extra line. Could definitely be wrong about this though, just thought I remember hearing/reading that somewhere. So...instead of waiting for Ready Link, just sign whoever you want to RL with up on a family plan and BOOM....unlimited mobile to mobile calling.