1.    #1  
    Neat, lightweight and pretty secure. But be careful inserting the Treo into the holster. Have caught a jacket between the holster and the Treo. Pulling the jacket free drops the Treo on the floor. Not good. Also, have found that sometimes when I insert the Treo into the holster, the clip on the holster inadvertantly pushes the Wireless Mode button on the top of the Treo and without knowing it, I put myself into Wireless Off mode. Also not good. I'm going to try the Convertec leather case. Have heard good experience with it from others in my office.
    hmm - I've had no such problems with mine. Make sure you're inserting the top end first - that way, you're not sliding the top in, and the top latch part won't slide over the SD slot and various buttons across the top.
    It's all explained in the pics that come with the device. I think it's just about the best holster out there for the 600.
    Apparently, according to the pictures in the new review of this thing, they moved the clip so that the clip wears horizontally instead of vertically. I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't do this with the original models (like mine), since that would seem more natural.
    get the seidio holster... they have a new one that mimics the proclip but has a 7 way locking belt clip, so you can have it horizontal or vetical or any in between
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    get the seidio holster... they have a new one that mimics the proclip but has a 7 way locking belt clip, so you can have it horizontal or vetical or any in between
    My experience with the first sedio holster was that the clip broke and dropped my Treo 600 on concrete...smashed LCD. The Sedio rep even came to these forums touting that the holster clips won't break. I bought the holster, and that's the exact part of the holster that broke.

Their new holster looks like the Pro Clip one...but I not going to trust it. It's probally made out of the same "strong PVC" that the old holster is made from.

Whatever you do, do not buy the Swivel Clip Holster for Treo 600. The new Locking Swivel Clip Holster for Treo 600 looks OK, but unless Sedio sends me a free one and a $650 check, I'm not going to try it.

I highly recomend the Pro Clip holster, and eGrips. After you try eGrips you'll wonder how you ever felt secure holding your Treo in your hand without them.
    I have a Pro Clip holster now after first buying the Seidio holster and having my beloved Treo 600 drop out as I crossed the road. That would have not been a major problem (a few scratches and such) except for the very large truck coming round the corner!!!
    I have now found that a Treo 600 does not fair too well under a 2 Ton stress test from a truck wheel!! The Treo got spat out the back and up in the air and landed on the road but I have to say one thing... the Treo was still intact although a bit flatter... lucky for me I have the Sprint replacement program... very lucky in fact as I am on my 5th Treo 600 from them.

As for the Pro Clip Holster... Its a great piece, no complaints at all.
    i have some complaints about the proclip- i use the non-rotating clip (although that is not where the problem lies) the problem is in the design of the clip retention. all you need to do is push the little retension pin and the clip comes off... problem is my rentention pin (or whatever you want to call it) doesn't hold up well and it seems to just push itself in on demand... usually when i sit down... then when i stand the treo falls right out (still in the holster, just not attached to my belt). it would be nice for a secondary lock to prevent that from happening... i havent had any problems with the 7 way swivel clip on seidios holsters, they seem more rigidly (and permanently) attached.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    1) the proclip holster was originally introduced in vertical mode. There wasn't enough demand or call for it to be made horizontally. Then people spoke up and asked for a horizontal version with the fixed spring clip and they made it. Can't fault them for that or for buying early. It's the same with early adopters of anything. The next revision or enhancement always seems better and makes you go...hmm..should've waited. Sell it on ebay and get a new one from me for $27.50.

2) The multidapt (made by Krusell not proclip by the way) that holds the two clips in place is very secure 99% of the time. In extreme cases if you're bending over and put a ton of pressure against the bottom of the phone where it digs into your thighs and pulls away from your belt and upwards, it can disengage the clip. But...if you're quick to notice it should be wedged against your thigh and you can easily grab it. With the Vertical holster it's much more pronounced since it extends longer and digs in quicker than the i500 or i600 from Samsung would. So it is a bit more than just "push the retention pin. I mean you physically have to push the button in and slide the clip. It's a two step process. When you do the act above you force the two issues.

I haven't seen the new seidio clip, but the old one just plain sucks in the long term. The new one shown for the 650 in an above thread looks pretty good, and makes me wonder why Seidio didn't make that stupid thing in the first place.

Also, the Treo isn't perfectly symmetrical from front to back so the tolerances in machining a holster (the proclip one) don't allow for the preciseness to hold it securely both ways. Injection molding can give a more precise fit. From looking at the new one for the 650, the top clip doesn't come over the top which makes me wonder where the real grip is. I'm assuming the sides are more cradle like, coming around the front slightly and the top just comes up behind the sd slot to prevent it from slipping out. I personally like that. Throw a screen protector on it, and i'd have no worries. It's also one more factor for me to go towards the 650, then wait on the almost non-existent i550 from Samsung.

I'll also forward that new holster to ProClip to get their thoughts. Maybe they can pick one up and work on redesigning theirs. Though if you put apples to apples, the ProClip holster only really makes sense if there are no "good" injection molded holsters on the market which is the case with the i500 and i600. Though with the removable battery on the 650, will that new case allow for an extended type of battery? That's where it's easy for Proclip to work a design change and accommodate where the injection molded ones are locked in because the molds are so expensive.

Just my two cents give for about two dimes worth...haha.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Both Seidio and Proclip holsters are basically the same design. But Seidio one comes with 7 way locking swivel clip and Proclip, you have to choose either vertical or horizontal one.

I have been using th new locking swivel clip from Seidio for almost two weeks. It is very sturdy and holds Treo 600 in well while still being easy to access. Seidio has made some nice imporvement as well. The plastic is more pliable and coated the inside with a thin fuzzy material to avoid scratch to the face of Treo. The clip is super strong. The link

http://www.seidioonline.com/Product...ctCode=HLTR600B

I do not think Treo 600 holster from Seidio or Proclip fits perfectly for Treo 650 . I emailed Seidio last week. They said they are working on one specific for Treo 650 and it will be out soon.

By the way, the pirce for Treo 600 holster is also different

Proclip : $ 24.95 and Seidio : $ 19.95
    Ok I have to say I like the look of the Seidio clip. Does anyone know if that loads from the top or the bottom like the ProClip? I've been using my old 600 ProClip but it's pushing the button on the side and occasionally putting the phone in vibrate only mode. ProClips is looking at mid December for their release.
    From the looks of it, it's an exact copy of the Proclip so it would load the same way. FYI, Krusell should be coming out with a rotating spring clip attachment for their multidapt. ProClip is also looking into the pricing of their holsters. Remember, they do come with multiple clip options, but if they need to stay competitive, the will only ship with one option and most likely drop their price to match. Amazing how Seidio's engineers who pretty much design holsters for a living couldn't devise a workable design on their own and had to go out and copy a company who got the basic design right from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    Ok I have to say I like the look of the Seidio clip. Does anyone know if that loads from the top or the bottom like the ProClip? I've been using my old 600 ProClip but it's pushing the button on the side and occasionally putting the phone in vibrate only mode. ProClips is looking at mid December for their release.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.