1.    #1  
    I've been searching and was thinking I might need to replace my battery but am not convinced it will fix my problems. Can someone please offer a little advice? I have a GSM Treo with Cingular which I've owned for over a year and is out of warranty. The problem persists after various resets, including battery disconnect reset (with and without syncing).

For a few months now, I've been getting a loud buzzing while on calls. It was much worse for the people on the other end than on my end. It seems to have gotten worse over time.

Lately, when I make a call, the display indicates dialing, then reverts to dial pad without completing the call. The frequency of this problem got worse over time as well. This generally happens without indicating a network search.

After searching TreoCentral I found that some people with similar problems had no problems while making calls while plugged into the wall. I tried this, and my Treo worked fine! The problems occured with the phone at various levels of charge including fully charged. I did get a low battery message a couple of the times I had problems. The battery doesn't seem to run down unusually fast, but I don't use the Treo very often, so it's hard to tell.

Oh, and if I need to replace the battery, does anyone have any recommendations on model and source?

Thanks for any help you can give!

John
    Hi,

please search the forum using buzzing and you'll find the cure for it. I had similar problem with buzzung and the fix worked for me. However, I didn't have the problem with calling.

Hope it helps,

Vitaliy
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Vitaliy. Just found the cigarette package fix. I might give it a try. With mine, I think there must be something else going on.

I tested by plugging and unplugging my Treo from the ac adapter while on a call. The buzz disappeared every time I plugged it in, and reappeared as soon as I unplugged it.

I was thinking there might be some kind of voltage drop causing problems while running off my old battery, but I don't really have much experience with electronics so I don't know if that makes sense.

Thanks again.
    John