Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Maybe i'm missing it, but I thought the GSM 650s were supposed to have wifi. I read the AT&T datasheet and I don't see wifi... maybe i'm blind. What's the deal?
    You were mistaken. No wi-fi in gsm or cdma this time around.
    ^^seems that you've been out of the loop
    treo 650 does NOT have built in wifi, unless palmOne is making a driver for the wifi sd card that is...
    Can't some third party write a driver for wi-fi in the Treo line?
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright
    Can't some third party write a driver for wi-fi in the Treo line?
    like the potluck of $$ we made for the treo 600 works
    I think that it's not a matter of drivers. On the Treo 600 it was a matter of power consumption. The problem might be similar on the treo 650.

But as I said elsewhere, if an EDGE data plan is priced correctly, I don't really mind not having Wifi...
    Quote Originally Posted by zehubert
    I think that it's not a matter of drivers. On the Treo 600 it was a matter of power consumption. The problem might be similar on the treo 650.

But as I said elsewhere, if an EDGE data plan is priced correctly, I don't really mind not having Wifi...
    Power problem has been solve, president P1 commited to providing a driver, per actual discussion at Roadshow.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Power problem has been solve, president P1 commited to providing a driver, per actual discussion at Roadshow.

To again quote Patrick from Spongebob Squarepants: "Liar Liar, Plants for Hire!"
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    well... i guess that seals it. i was thinking of holding out for a gsm 650 because I wanted wifi too. At this point, I'm thinking of just selling my 600 on ebay and getting a Harrier/XDA/IMATE/Etc. phone instead...