View Poll Results: Do you use TreoSelecText?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 51.16%
  • No

21 48.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Bad News:
    The new Treo model still does not support text selection with the 5-Way Navigator.

Good News:
    We have tested RNS:: TreoSelecText on the Treo 650 Simulator and it works flawlessly.

So there is no Bad News
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Great news for 650 owners (and for RaNo) that TreoSelecText works on the 650. Quite remarkable that Palm didn't fix this in the ROM, though.
    Does TreoSelecText still have a significant impact on the speed at which the Treo operates. I know it causes by 600 to drag. I often shut it off prior to doing any gaming.....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    Does TreoSelecText still have a significant impact on the speed at which the Treo operates. I know it causes by 600 to drag. I often shut it off prior to doing any gaming.....
    RNS:: TreoSelecText still does not use the most efficient way to hook into the system, but I'll be changing this soon the same way I did it in RNS:: Hi-Launcher which now uses the new, very efficient method.

jjennings, you may use the TreoSelecText's "Exclusions" option (available through menu in TreoSelecText Preferences) to automatically shut off TreoSelecText in selected applications (e.g. games).
    RaNo,
    I use TST all the time, Love IT.
    Does your Cuckoo Clock app work with the 650?
    best regards
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo
    RNS:: TreoSelecText still does not use the most efficient way to hook into the system, but I'll be changing this soon the same way I did it in RNS:: Hi-Launcher which now uses the new, very efficient method.

jjennings, you may use the TreoSelecText's "Exclusions" option (available through menu in TreoSelecText Preferences) to automatically shut off TreoSelecText in selected applications (e.g. games).
    And the exclusions option will also allow you take advantage of DTG's proprietary text select tool.
    Bad News:
    The new Treo model still does not support text selection with the 5-Way Navigator.

Good News:
    We have tested RNS:: TreoSelecText on the Treo 650 Simulator and it works flawlessly.

So there is no Bad News
    Well said!

I've been wondering about this for a few months. Glad to hear it will be a non-issue.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    RaNo,
    I use TST all the time, Love IT.
    Does your Cuckoo Clock app work with the 650?
    best regards
    Works in the same way as it does on the 600. It requires a few fixes for both devices (e.g. because in some circumstances it Cuckoos only once on the Treos while it should cuckoo twice or more), but I've already prepared them, and am getting ready for the release (no ETA so far, sorry).
    How about HBX? I love that app!
    Works in the same way as it does on the 600. It requires a few fixes for both devices (e.g. because in some circumstances it Cuckoos only once on the Treos while it should cuckoo twice or more), but I've already prepared them, and am getting ready for the release (no ETA so far, sorry).
    Hello Rano,
    Great!!! I love that app, also don't forget the ignor while on phone option too. Remember I emailed you a while back that I was on the phone and at 11:00, me and the party I was calling got 11 loud cuckoos in our ears..LOL TOO FUNNY..
    They were like "what in the world was that", I joking told them I was on a tour of a clock manufacturing plant.. Nice to know it's(update) still on your radar!
    Best regards, Matt
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinjack
    How about HBX? I love that app!
    Thanks! :-)
    It works on the 650, too. I haven't checked all my apps yet, but I suppose all that work on the 600 will also run on the 650.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Hello Rano,
    Great!!! I love that app, also don't forget the ignor while on phone option too. Remember I emailed you a while back that I was on the phone and at 11:00, me and the party I was calling got 11 loud cuckoos in our ears..LOL TOO FUNNY..
    They were like "what in the world was that", I joking told them I was on a tour of a clock manufacturing plant.. Nice to know it's(update) still on your radar!
    Best regards, Matt
    Yeah, I remember that

This will be addresed in the very next release, too
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Trying on my 650 hardware now... surprised that no one has reported this yet: the Shift+Center option does not function. Also, on the RNS::TST screen the Shift+Center option boxes are drawn over top of the "Done" button.

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Trying on my 650 hardware now... surprised that no one has reported this yet: the Shift+Center option does not function.

ERic
    Ditto here...
    I also noticed that it seemed to cause a problem with the auto-complete in Blazer forms. If i started to enter a word that Blazer remembered, the field would be selected and the next letter I type would replace it. So, for example, after entering H-e-l-l-o, all I would have in my text box would be the letter "o". I disabled TST and the problem seemed to go away, although I can't say with 100% certainty that it was the culprit.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Trying on my 650 hardware now... surprised that no one has reported this yet: the Shift+Center option does not function. Also, on the RNS::TST screen the Shift+Center option boxes are drawn over top of the "Done" button.

ERic
    Wow! I'm surprised, too, noone has reported this before! Also, I must have missed it during my own tests on the Simulator

Anyway, I'll be fixing this later today, so expect a new release within next two days!
    I can't get the program to install on my 650?? I tried downloading it direct as a prc and as a zip. Does it have to be done by synch or something? The system says it is loaded in but it doesn't show up in my apps anywhere.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    I can't get the program to install on my 650?? I tried downloading it direct as a prc and as a zip. Does it have to be done by synch or something? The system says it is loaded in but it doesn't show up in my apps anywhere.
    It's in the Prefs application (as RNS:: TST under Other).
    Hi RaNo,

I'm not sure if this is a TST-specific problem, but there seems to be a bug when using both TST and Hi-Launcher. If I were to set Hi-Launcher to pop up on a press & hold of the dpad centre, it will conflict with TST's shift-centre function. So let's say I set TST's shift-centre function to launch hyperlinks. I hold shift and then press (and let go) dpad centre on some text. Somehow keeping the shift button depressed will launch Hi-Launcher. If I were to let go of shift quickly enough, the desired TST function comes through. Hope you can find a fix!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Hi RaNo,

I'm not sure if this is a TST-specific problem, but there seems to be a bug when using both TST and Hi-Launcher. If I were to set Hi-Launcher to pop up on a press & hold of the dpad centre, it will conflict with TST's shift-centre function. So let's say I set TST's shift-centre function to launch hyperlinks. I hold shift and then press (and let go) dpad centre on some text. Somehow keeping the shift button depressed will launch Hi-Launcher. If I were to let go of shift quickly enough, the desired TST function comes through. Hope you can find a fix!
    Hi!

Now I can see the problem on my Treo, too. In fact it occurs with Hi-Launcher set to any 5-Way button Also, if you keep the button long enough, the problem seems to always occur. Fortunately it causes only harmless display problems.

Thanks for reporting this issue, rudychow! I'll be fixing this in the very next release of either Hi-Launcher or TST (I'm not yet sure which one needs a fix, or whether they both need).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast