Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Take a look @ this! Someone is selling on EBAY the registration code from the Road Show to purchase the Treo @ half price! How SHADY!!!

What's more ridiculous is the # of people who have bidded for the "CODE #" thinking they're bidding on the TREO, when it clearly states that "this auction is not for the PDA..it's for a coupon"! I can not believe how high this auction has been pushed to acquire a code - how many IDIOTS are there in this world that do not READ!!!

Can't wait to see the winners face when he finds out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true
    I am blocked from ebay at work, what is the listing up to dollar wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    I am blocked from ebay at work, what is the listing up to dollar wise.

$375.69
  4.    #4  
    It's currently @ $375.69 w/ 42 bids! wow...amazing! Great 4 the seller!

Attached is a snap-shot of the auction...take a look:
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #5  
    Thanxs shanta!
    I think a lot of people may be bidding to get a jump on ordering the unlocked gsm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I think a lot of people may be bidding to get a jump on ordering the unlocked gsm 650.

This is a complete scam.

No unlocked GSM Treo 650s until next year.

Sprint locked up the holiday season, at least in the US.
    Let's see.... ummmm.... $375.69 + $349 = ...... running out of fingers here..... $724.69 ....

>Ouch!<

To be fair, the word "COUPON" should've been in the title. Speed-clicking without reading the description is generally considered a very dumb thing to do on eBay, but there are always inexperienced ebayers that shouldn't be victimized just 'cause they're newbies.
    Dave
    I just checked the profile of the high bidder, and it looks like he's in Germany. Granted that's a bit far for a roadshow, but still.......!!!!!!!!
    Dave
    those dumb@ss...
    Quote Originally Posted by dacloutier
    Let's see.... ummmm.... $375.69 + $349 = ...... running out of fingers here..... $724.69 ....

>Ouch!<

To be fair, the word "COUPON" should've been in the title. Speed-clicking without reading the description is generally considered a very dumb thing to do on eBay, but there are always inexperienced ebayers that shouldn't be victimized just 'cause they're newbies.
    I've been selling items recently on eBay and you'd be surprised how many people do not read the listing carefully and ask questions even though the answer is already there.
    This one is unbelievable. I've seen a lot of dumb bidders out there on eBay - in fact, I've become an almost "Seller Only" on eBay because I'm tired of bidding against idiots who bid prices up ABOVE retail on used items.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    It's up to $430!!!! I wonder how much I can get for this King Richard's Faire coupon I've got?
    Dave
    Why on earth would someone pay over $400 for a half-price coupon? What's the point when it'll come out to costing more???? Some people fascinate me.
    Several days late on this. Was discussed below.
    they have a money tree? they thought they gonna be the first in the block with a treo 650? seriously, do the actually have the 'stupid guide of ebay' in the market yet??
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    what i'm annoyed with is that you can't report a an auction as a scam by any easy means... i can't even find the page to report any sort of misuse of ebay anymore period...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    what i'm annoyed with is that you can't report a an auction as a scam by any easy means... i can't even find the page to report any sort of misuse of ebay anymore period...
    How is it a scam when everything is clearly stated on the auction page? How about blaming the people who aren't careful with their bidding or their money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    How is it a scam when everything is clearly stated on the auction page? How about blaming the people who aren't careful with their bidding or their money?
    That's a good point.

I don't think I'd go as far as calling it a scam, but you have to scroll down the page to find out it's a coupon. Whether it's intentional or accidental, it does appear at first look to be a Treo 600 or 650 at half price.

I think both bear some responsibility. The seller is responsible for being clear that the item for sale is a coupon, not the actual phone, and the buyer is responsible for reading the WHOLE PAGE before placing a bid.
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by dacloutier
    but you have to scroll down the page to find out it's a coupon.
    You don't have to scroll that far. The first line of the "written" text for the description says "You are bidding on a coupon..."

Some people just don't pay attention. The seller is offering a full refund if the coupon does not yield a Treo 600 or 650 at half price.

One thing to note is that the seller touts his/her 100% feedback but only 4 of those feedbacks are from buyers, the most recent being 2 years ago.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast