Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The whole concept of bidding on something for "half price" should be a red-warning light. How can something be selling for "half price" if the price is rising with every bid?
    Dave
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Wow! Now it's up to $454.00 and climbing! Whoever buys it will have $800.00 invested in a Treo 650. Heck you could buy an Mpx300 or a PDA2K for that!
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordeloth
    I think it's hilarious.
    No it is rather pathetic..... And some of those people will be voting for president tommorow :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by mblat
    No it is rather pathetic..... And some of those people will be voting for president tommorow :-(
    i wonder if they will be able to make the right choice
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Doesn't the person using the coupon have to have the same E-mail as the person who attended the RS?

I've seen coupon codes floating around here...

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero
    Doesn't the person using the coupon have to have the same E-mail as the person who attended the RS?

I've seen coupon codes floating around here...

Thoughts?
    yes
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've wondered about this tactic (using a coupon, but not having attended a show).

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I think since BestBuy is allowing me to upgrade, I might sell my coupon on ebay aswell. I will use a different tactic than this however.
    I just saw this thread right now and all I wanted to say is you guys are nuts. I just viewed the entire auction and read all the details. The seller is not in ANYWAY trying to deceive any bidder. He states "THIS AUCTION IS NOT FOR THE PDA. IT IS FOR A COUPON ALLOWING YOU TO PURCHASE THE PDA AT THE REDUCED PRICES OF $249 OR $349" and a matter of fact all the text right above that clearly states it is for the coupon and explains where the coupon came from, etc.

He has done nothing wrong at all. Just because he happens to have tried to sell something he received free, for a profit doesn't make him a 'scammer' or even 'shady' in his auction. There is no 'partial responsibility' here for the auction listing as he has clearly stated what the auction is for, sorry you have to move your mouse wheel a quarter inch down and use your eyes to read and ascertain the full details. Come on now. Let's not be ridiculous here.
    Yeah, I'm certainly nuts, no argument there.

As I said before, I don't think I'd go as far as calling it a scam, because I don't know the seller. But I stand by my statement that the seller should have stated in the title of the auction that this was for a coupon and not the actual pda. The title typically contains the item that's up for bid, and when the title is different than the item up for bid, that's not a clear statement.

This reminds me of the old contest advertisements that state things like "YOU HAVE WON $10,000!!!!! if your number matches one of the ones below." The title states "Palm Handspring Treo 650 or 600 Half price." Whether it's intentional or not, it's misleading. In this case it may or may not be intentional, but misdirection isn't just an old magician's trick, but a marketing one too.

You could make the argument that anyone who would bid on an item (especially one that costs so much) would be stupid not to read the entire auction, and you'd be correct, but we're imperfect beings and even the brightest of us are brain-damaged every once in awhile and do stupid things... like bid on an auction without reading the whole thing!
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by eugarps
    Wow! Now it's up to $454.00 and climbing! Whoever buys it will have $800.00 invested in a Treo 650. Heck you could buy an Mpx300 or a PDA2K for that!
    More like $1054 since they wont be able to get the discount if they didn't attend a roadshow.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12