Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone hazard a guess on how long after the T650 is released that T-mobile will start carrying it? I have service with Sprint right now by the reception sucks at my house. T-mobile works great though, so I was thinking of switching when the T650 comes out. I need a good PDA soon though. My PalmV just won't run the apps I need to anymore.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    No guess but I hope it's faster than the T600. Someone posted in another thread about a week ago that T-Mobile was having a lot of trouble with the new iPAQ and that T-Mobile would go with the T650 pretty quickly. I challenged their source but they did not post back.
    i ready to switch to whom ever gets it first.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Their track record with the 270 and 600 suggests they'll be trailing the pack. Here's an idea that others can critique and you may want to evaluate: IF you're likely to get the 650 and move to T-M anyway, sign up with T-Mobile now with one of their free phones and then hope that you can get an unlocked 650 from Palm or Cingular and then just pop your SIM card into the new unit. I recall some people here reporting that they got their 600s from Cingular, the first GSM carrier that had it, and used their T-M cards.

You may need to pay top price for the Treo and forego any new-subscriber deal that T-M MIGHT have on the 650 when they do get it.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    With all the hoopla, rumors and conjecture having absolutely nothing to do with T-Mobile, it appears that they would, at best, carry the Treo 650 months after it debuts on Sprint, Cingular (AT&T?) and Orange. Sounds like a repeat of the 600 rollout. I called T-Mobile CS myself and they didn't have any idea about a 650.

I only hope that we can get unlocked GSM versions from palmOne early (preferably with an upgrade discount).
    My hope is to be able to purchase an unlocked GSM version to work with T-mobile as well. I really hope PalmOne or maybe even another GSM carrier will have unlocked units available shortly after the official release.
    Yeah, T-Mobile will most likely wait awhile before carrying the 650. Which is good. This way all the bugs on the 650 will be resolved by then. T-Mobile 4 Life.....
    i guess not
    or i'm wrong

Today, Colligan is pleased to announce the latest in PalmOne's design the Treo 650. They are launching today with Sprint, and will be bringing it to GSM on AT&T, Orange, Cingular soon.
    Quess I will have to buy an unlocked GSM. So who will be the first to offer an unlocked GSM phone?
    I just saw that too! What about Verizon also? Maybe those two are still "testing"... they'll probly miss the bus again... You can always hope that Cingular's Treo 650 is unlocked like the Treo 600.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    oh man...who's gonna offer the 1st unlocked treo, might be getting it from whoever that source is, just make sure its not 'branded'
    I will scratch off the names.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    I will scratch off the names.
    including their software
    you can't scratch them off right
    Maybe a dumm question but if it is unlocked, it should not be branded with software right?
    Maybe a dumm question but if it is unlocked, it should not be branded with software right?
    yea true, i believe cingular will offer an unlocked treo 650 as well but with all their in-house software
    Do they do standard software modification to all phones? What do they do to the phones?
    Do they do standard software modification to all phones? What do they do to the phones?
    i believe it will have their cingular logo and oranges all over the phones including its software and most probably blazer will be pointed out to cingular wap sites.....etc etc
    Can you change to whatever web site you want it to default too, like on most computers?
    Can you change to whatever web site you want it to default too, like on most computers?
    yeah you do, most probably the startup screen will be cingular *duh* and maybe IF cingular decides to offer some premium apps with the treo 650, it will be infused to the ROM and we won't be able to delete it
    So is it worth getting a cingular unlocked phone? Or wait till P1 starts selling unlocked phones?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast