Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    The Bluetooth 1.2 spec wasn't officially released by the Bluetooth SIG until Nov 2003, so I don't see how the Treo 600 could have possibly included it. You could argue that the 650 should have it. Not sure why they kept with 1.1, but I just did a quick search through Bluetooth adapters, headsets, phones and PDAs that I know of, and all of them are Bluetooth 1.1 as well. Maybe palmOne isn't interested in leading the pack on this one (and I wouldn't blame them).
    The recently released PDA2k (Blue Angel, MDA II, 6600 whatever you want to call it) and Jam both use bluetooth 1.2.

The Treo 600 could/should have had Bluetooth 1.1 though!
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Well; admittedly, only the last of the above is really a necessity for me because I do not have a land-line. The others are luxuries that sometimes FEEL like a necessity.

Next to the “several” that don’t, there are many that DO: from Sony Ericsson: T630, T637, T628, Z600, Z608, T610, T616, T618, T68, R520, T39, P800, P802, P900, P908, P910, K700 and Z1010. Nokia: 7650, 3650, 3660, 6600, 6620, 7610, N-Gage, N-Gage QD. Motorola: A920, A925, Sendo X, Siemens SX1…
    umm, you might want to double check these phones. i *know* the nokia 6620 doesn't most of the things. Seems the updated version of symbian OS is not quite compatible with OS X.
    I'm sure its just a matter of time before T-Mobile offers a T650.

Just my 2 cents.
    Hi all. Nice pictures from the Boston road show, i'm on the right side of the room near the back in the boston roadshow thread.
    anyway, after the show yesterday i went to a tmobile store and started grilling them on if i can take this phone to them since it's unlocked and if they can hook me up with everything, including internet.
    The sales lady called up the main tech office and was told by them that they can *definitly* support all features of the phone. Just FYI for everyone not eager to put up with ATT's data pricing model (even if you get the new EDGE rate of 25$, down from 79.95, you still pay per KB when you use a laptop through the phone, where T-Mobile is 19.99 for everything even if it's a tad slower).
    I just got off the phone with T-Mobile and the guy said that they would be selling the Treo 650 "soon"

Hope "soon" means in the next few weeks.
    I just called T-Mo customer service for a completely seperate billing issue, and once it was resolved I asked the rep with the caveat that "i'm sure you don't have an answer but...."

he clearly was knowledgable with the 650, spouting off features etc. i think he was more excited for it than i was. anyways, long story short, he looked through all the systems at his disposal and concluded that T-Mo is pushing to get it out for the holiday season. Naturally i was surprised so i asked "this holiday season, 2004!?" he told me distribution channels for the 600 are being closed up and that the new listing in their phones listing database reads, "PalmOne Treo Smartphone - est. shipping 3-4 weeks"

I remain skeptical of this, but cautiously optimistic at the same time. clearly this guy knew his way around the product catalogue, so who knows - maybe a nice surprise under the menorah this year!
    I hope it is true.....Let see what happens.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234