Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Seems like the 14th and 15th is the release date for the Treo 650. Not sure how much water that statement holds but seems to be consistant. Two more weeks wont kill me... or will it. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright
    I called. They said definitely available on November 14. They also said the price will be between $650 and $700 WITH A CONTRACT.

I asked about the reported $499 and $599 pricing that I have seen and she said that is only if you buy it directly from PalmOne. If you buy it from Sprint, the pricing will be $650 - $700.

Very interesting. I think we are just seeing a lot of speculation at this point still, no one really has a definite idea.
    Why would it be more expensive thru Sprint than PalmOne? PalmOne can't be charging that much of a markup on it to Sprint. Sprint will be their biggest distributor, you'd think they'd cut them the sweetest deal.

If it's getting up to the $700 range, I'm either sticking with my 600 or spending the money on the Mpx.

Or the DirecTV HD DVR.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Or the DirecTV HD DVR.
    You said it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    You said it!
    I know this is off topic, and it will end here, so no flames please, but I have a friend who just got the DirecTV HD DVR and says it is AWESOME! He said the tuner is so much better than the first gen DirecTV HD tuners that the OTA broadcasts come in much stronger and cleaner.

If you have the money, he highly recommends it. And to get this back on topic, I guess it's a lot like the possible $700 price tag on the 650. If you can afford it, the upgrades will be worth it.

Go Treo 650!
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Joe's Tech Shack has it for $2000 with free shipping, in stock.

Joe
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I know this is off topic, and it will end here, so no flames please, but I have a friend who just got the DirecTV HD DVR and says it is AWESOME! He said the tuner is so much better than the first gen DirecTV HD tuners that the OTA broadcasts come in much stronger and cleaner.
    I've got one and it is great.. plus I put a second 250gb drive in it!

That's a tough choice.. 650 or HD Tivo.
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    I've got one and it is great.. plus I put a second 250gb drive in it!

That's a tough choice.. 650 or HD Tivo.
    Nice! 50 hours of recorded HD content? That's a lot of football games.

It wasn't a tough choice until these rumors about a $700 Treo 650 started creeping up. Once you factor in another Vaja i-Volution case ($100) and the rest of the accessories ($100 - $200), you're up in HD DVR land. And I love my Treo but I love HDTV as well. At least I won't have to plunk down as much for the third-party apps since PalmSource improved a few things.

I could learn to live with my 600 until next year while I record all sorts of HD goodness.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Jeffrey.. Now NOw!!!! Remember Christmas is around the corner and Mr.Migs over here needs a new HD reciever also. Dont be selfish now...
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Jeffrey.. Now NOw!!!! Remember Christmas is around the corner and Mr.Migs over here needs a new HD reciever also. Dont be selfish now...
    Nov = Halo 2 and Treo 650
    Dec = DirecTV HD DVR

That's all you need to know.

Oh yeah, and your sister wants a Louis Vuitton purse for her birthday. More cha-ching.
    Back on topic. Sprint store owner here in town said last night (Sunday) that he still does not know when the 650 is going to be really available, but that he has had a LOT of people asking for it.

Thats two separate store owners, one sprint marketing type, one telesales person and one corporate sales type that I have talked to that have all said they are getting a lot of calls about the 650. I hope sprint has enough on hand this time!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Seems more likely that the Nov 15 week is the release point. Its 2 more weeks away but dang.. I want it NOW!!
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Seems more likely that the Nov 15 week is the release point. Its 2 more weeks away but dang.. I want it NOW!!
    Maybe if you tell them you're from the U they'll speed it up. What happened to your Telesales contacts???

I need the hookup!

Maybe if you tell them you're from the U they'll speed it up. What happened to your Telesales contacts???

I need the hookup!

We all may need that hookup! Seeing as how popular the 600 was I think we will see much more general consumer competition for thr 650, not just early adopter geeks like us!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    We all may need that hookup! Seeing as how popular the 600 was I think we will see much more general consumer competition for thr 650, not just early adopter geeks like us!
    As long as I can get my hands on it on the 14th then it'll all be good.

Does anyone know if someone else can use their 18 month upgrade to buy the phone and then transfer my phone number to it?
    Jmill72x, I don't see why that shouldn't work. Sprint renews the 18-month counter when a phone is activated, not bought. So someone with an 18-month upgrade can buy the phone for you (maybe you'll give them $50 for their piece), and then you activate it with your number. If anyone would like to offer this, PM me - it's an easy way to earn $50.
    I hope it's before the PDA2K thing comes out. I have a feeling that whoever gets their phone to the market first .... wins.

I bumped me 600 up against a magazine rack and now have a frigging 1/4" bright spot on the screen. Driving me nuts. I need a new device.

The first one (with a camera) to hit the Sprint site gets my money.

It's just that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNamesRTaken
    I hope it's before the PDA2K thing comes out....
    Sprint Telesales told me today that the 6601 should be available sometime this week and that the 650 should be available in two weeks.
    The 6601 is not the camera version though. I guess I meant the camera-PDA2K
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNamesRTaken
    The 6601 is not the camera version though. I guess I meant the camera-PDA2K
    According the Sprint rep I called:

The 6601 (withOUT the camera) should be available via the Sprint sales call center this week. The Sprint stores should get it a week or two following that.

The 6600 (WITH the camera) is going to come out around the first week of December.

Helpful Hint: The call center can honor any web specials ONLY if YOU bring it up. The Sprint store cannot honor any web specials.
    Does anyone remember the thread that had pictures of the PDA2K. It showed it's size in someones hand, closed, open etc.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast