1.    #1  
    View live video from your Treo or Java Phones.

Download test client and connect to a live server and watch CABLE news live from your palm

SMS Integration coming soon.
    Ok, I click on 'Get Camera List' and nothing happens...
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Ok, I click on 'Get Camera List' and nothing happens...
    same here.. nothing happens
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    same here.. nothing happens
    Ditto.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I posted this issue to Asta's news server (news.astatech.com) in the palm newsgroup (astatech.palm). But the newsgroup look like it has all kinds of stuff, not just palm-relatd items.

You can apparently read and post to the newsgroup without having to register.
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I posted this issue to Asta's news server (news.astatech.com) in the palm newsgroup (astatech.palm). But the newsgroup look like it has all kinds of stuff, not just palm-relatd items.

You can apparently read and post to the newsgroup without having to register.
    The only response I have so far says that the author tried this program on a Tungsten W and it worked.
    Shneor
    Double Ditto. Bummed too - seems cool. Cant ping the sample video server.
    The developer sent me a revised version. Still does not work. I suggested using the Treo simulator.
    Shneor
    I wish this would work!!!!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Dudes! I just downloaded and installed the two files and it works. I clicked on CNN and it is playing. Well, I wouldn't call it playing...more like a slide show.

Anyway it does work!
    Yeah, it kinda works. like a slideshow, but with no sound. And I can't get images from any of the other cameras.
    Shneor
    BTW, it's the Learning Channel, NOT CNN, as the label claims.
    Shneor
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I was wondering about the CNN feed. I was watching it last night and it was not in sync with live CNN.

I can also view BostonU. But, none of the others, besides CNN/TLC work. I also don't get any sound.
    Ya, but this is still cool for a dot-0 beta product. Nice start.
    It won't let me download it directly to my Treo. I get caught in an endless login loop (It recognizes my login, but clicking the filename takes me back to the login page). I guess it will have to wait until I get home.
    The CNN one worked for me (T600 VZW), very choppy and no sound but pretty cool. No other channels seemed to work.
    An improved version of the client was supposed to be out yesterday, but I have not seen it on the web site yet. The author thinks that it's not possible to add sound; I told him that other programs do sound+video (MMPlayer, Kinoma, etc.). They also intend to add an http option for added reliability, and will be adjusting the client to "the wait required by the netowrk".
    Shneor