1.    #1  
    I know this is lower on most folks importance list, but does anyone know if the 650 has the IR umph to actually be a remote control? Most of us tried the 600, and it was quite the sissy from an IR perspective.
    Doug
    This is actually quite high on my priority list. With a cheap more powerful IR it would replace a $100+ remote. That is worth some good money out of my pocket. However it doesn't seem like it will happen. Looks like we are stuck waiting for the folks at Novii remote to make their blaster for it.
    Mirdau has answered this in two posts now. The IR is no stronger on the 650.
    I realize that, I was just expressing my disappointment.
    IR power stinks. Is there a way to increase it without a blaster card that does not exist yet? Loaded Novii remote on my 650 and I need to be within 1 meter for most of my HT devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    IR power stinks. Is there a way to increase it without a blaster card that does not exist yet? Loaded Novii remote on my 650 and I need to be within 1 meter for most of my HT devices.
    Has anyone tried putting one of those x-10/radioshack pyramid amplifier/resender things within shooting distance.
    I was thinking about that. It would be nice to make a small ir booster that could run on a battery that could be placed on the coffee table.
    I actually have set of radio shack IR repeates in a box in garage! may dig em out sometime if I get motivated & give it a try... I bet they receive better than most components doo as that is all they do.
    A BT to IR converter would be better. Then you would not have to aim and range would be great. If some on builds this, let me beta test.
    FastFrank
    The cone repeaters do not work well. I have a set, and low level signal in equals low level signal out. A BT or IR converter is in development at Steven's Tech (NJ) but not for commercial sales, but an undergraduate project.
    If anyone can get those cone devices to work (and if they work via batteries), I'd be interested. It sounds like a great idea and I'm starting to have a number of devices start piling up.
    Or Homeseer, have that and not using it at the moment but they have home automation software run from pda browsers.
    http://www.homeseer.com/
    Just downloaded the trial of Novii remote for my new Treo 650. When it loads it says "The IR transmitter is not compatible, blah blah". WTF?!?! It says on the site that the Treo 600 is compatible so why not the 650?

I assume that you guys have it working on your 650's because of this post. Am I correct, how can I fix this?
    You need to download the 650 compatible version. You downloaded the wrong version. But even when you do you will find that you need to be within like 3 feet of your HT boxes because the power output of the 650 stinks.
    I just went to the Novii.tv site and clicked on the Novii remote link, that gives you a link to 'try' or 'buy'. I downloaded the trial but there is NO MENTION of a 650 specific version?!?

Can someone send me the link?

Yeah, i've heard the ir diode sucks in the Treos but I wanna just mess with it, my amp has a very sensative receiver so I'm thinking it might still work half-***!