Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    well, sure and the quadband is great but if the car kit external antena only gets 900 and 1800 then it doesn't do much for me at 850/1900 unfortunately. I heard speculation that the USA will receive a similar model in the future over at HoFo
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    100thMonkey

I also like the Siemen's Bluetooth Car Kit HKW-600, but there is not enough data, technical info. available on it. Thoughts?

http://www.siemens-mobile.com/cds/fr...0.html#content

http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=HKW-600
  3.    #23  
    Siemens does make some qulaity products no doubt; however, that display is kinda small.

I likely will get the Parrot 3100

http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CK3100

It has the nice display of the Nokia that you posted, plus it is by Parrot and they are the company that has been making BT car kits from the start...to me they are the SOny Ericsson of Bluetooth car kits (since SE is a great manufacturer of BT headsets). It is more expensive than the Siemens though

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Cost is really not a factor on this decision. I checked out the Parrot a few months back and I liked everthing about except one thing. It's not very decorative. I am basing this all on the pictures I've viewed over the web. It would be great if I could go into a store and see it some place. Have you seen it?

Forgive my superficiality, but it doesn't match the interior decor of the car I plan to purchase in January. However, the Silver Treo 650 is a perfect match. I am looking at purchasing the Infiniti FX http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,c...-12001,00.html. I was trying to imagine where I could mount the Parrot display in the vehicle.

Curious, which car kit do you plan to purchase for your Treo 650?
    I have read that parrot does a good job with their products and notices this being sold on the TreoaCentral store site. You can see "THEY" say it is compatible. I have ordered it and hope that by January I will be able to use it with my GSM phone. I am sure they will allow a return if it is not compatible.

Here it goes:
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../3-38--101.htm
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Have you seen it?
    Unfortunately not, but I know people that have had them installed and they work really well

I was trying to imagine where I could mount the Parrot display in the vehicle
    I would probably mount it on the dashboard above the left center airvent at the top left corner of the console display, if I were you, based on the picture that I just saw at the website that you enclosed. Plus, i guess you are not getting a black interior package based on your statement that it doesn't match...you may be able to get some paint and color the Parrot display to match, if you are so inclinded

Curious, which car kit do you plan to purchase for your Treo 650?
    at this point, either the Parrot 3100 or the hardwired car kit. Most likely the hardwired kit unless it is obstrusive like the T600's from THB. I may wait for the Seido version also. Not sure yet, but I think that I have at least a few weeks to make a decision and then some time after that to figure out what Iwant as well as learn from others' experiences

I'm puzzled, why would anyone even consider a handsfree kit for the treo 6xx. It comes with a build-in speakerphone. I've used my 600 for over 6mos now without any difficulty. My setup is very simple. I have a SENA case with removable belt clip. I went to Radioshack and got myself a couple of stick-on clips and placed it right on the dashboard where it's easy to see while I'm driving. However, I do see there's room for improvement in sound quality if vehicle speakers are used in case of the TL's and that's why I can't wait to get a 650 to use in my 545i (yes, Bluetooth is built in according to the owners manual).
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Unfortunately not, but I know people that have had them installed and they work really well
    Okay, I'll take your word for it. I have really been spoiled by my current hardwired system in a MB S-430. All voice driven. Dial by name, by number, redial, store number, etc. It mutes the radio, uses car speakers for audio and the mic is hidden. I can't live without now.

I would probably mount it on the dashboard above the left center airvent at the top left corner of the console display, if I were you, based on the picture that I just saw at the website that you enclosed. Plus, i guess you are not getting a black interior package based on your statement that it doesn't match...you may be able to get some paint and color the Parrot display to match, if you are so inclinded
    Yes, I am going with the all black interior. Yes...PAINT! Why didn't think of that. Perhaps there is someone out there who professional paints object like this, who could help me. I am sure I would mess it up. Too much impatience

at this point, either the Parrot 3100 or the hardwired car kit. Most likely the hardwired kit unless it is obstrusive like the T600's from THB. I may wait for the Seido version also. Not sure yet, but I think that I have at least a few weeks to make a decision and then some time after that to figure out what Iwant as well as learn from others' experiences

I was looking at the Seido website. That device is really elegant, but it doesn't mute the radio or connect to the speakers. I wonder if it is possible to combine via future bluetooth a THB in dash device unit and Seido cradle together. What use (except for powering) will the "THB cradle" have in the future?
    Last edited by specimen38; 11/14/2004 at 12:58 AM.
    Congratulations on your first post.

Yes, using the vehicle speakers is the way to go. Presently, I have a 2002 S430 with an integrated phone through an LCD center monitor console. The phone stays hidden, so I don't have to remove from the car, or put it out of sight on entry/exit. I don't like the stick, because it wears out. However, you are going to enjoy Bluetooth integrated into the center console on the i545. I saw it. Very nice. Having the Treo in plain site will get old quick -- at leas for me. I like voice control through the LCD console. A Bluetooth in dash unit will download all of your phone number names into memory so that they are accessible by voice command. Follow the links and you'll see what I am talking about.

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...odelCode=S430V

see > Features & Specs > Features Spotlight > Handsfree Communication System

Quote Originally Posted by drdjin
    I'm puzzled, why would anyone even consider a handsfree kit for the treo 6xx. It comes with a build-in speakerphone. I've used my 600 for over 6mos now without any difficulty. My setup is very simple. I have a SENA case with removable belt clip. I went to Radioshack and got myself a couple of stick-on clips and placed it right on the dashboard where it's easy to see while I'm driving. However, I do see there's room for improvement in sound quality if vehicle speakers are used in case of the TL's and that's why I can't wait to get a 650 to use in my 545i (yes, Bluetooth is built in according to the owners manual).
    Last edited by specimen38; 11/13/2004 at 11:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drdjin
    I can't wait to get a 650 to use in my 545i (yes, Bluetooth is built in according to the owners manual).
    Sorry about so many post, but I was told by a BMW salesman that the Bluetooth feature would be available December 2004 and that people who had purchased the car before that would have to go back for a free retrofit under the dash. The retrofit would be software ROM only since all of the hardware was in place. I'm curious about that. Let me know.
    Awesome on a black dashboard if painted black.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12.    #32  
    Yes, I am going with the all black interior. Yes...PAINT! Why didn't think of that. Perhaps there is someone out there who professional paints object like this, who could help me. I am sure I would mess it up. Too much impatience
    Awesome on a black dashboard if painted black.
    Yes, it does look nice

If that is the route that you are considering, then you may want to look at premium auto stereo, security system installation places around. You could have them install the kit as well as customize the pieces to match. And shop around and inform that's what you want and tell them that you want it perfect and ask if they can provide that service. See who says what. SOme may even have experience with these things. There are likely many people over the last twenty years that had a sports car with red leather or a luxury vehicle with beige interiors who could afford such customizations

13.    #33  
    I was looking at the Seido website. That device is really elegant, but it doesn't mute the radio or connect to the speakers. I wonder if it is possible to combine via future bluetooth a THB in dash device unit and Seido cradle together. What use (except for powering) will the "THB cradle" have in the future?
    That is distressing about the limitations of the Seido. Assuming that the Seido has the appropiate capacity for both charging and connection to the external aerial, then it shouldn't be too hard to splice the THB kit with the Seido cradle, should you be so inclined

Furthermore, if you have been spoiled by the Benz, you may want to go back to the Nokia 616 (update of the 610). Although you wouldn't be able to use the external aerial, you can still use the kit as T650 supports the handsfree profile. You may be able to access more of your voice commands with that particular kit than any of the other ones. I am not sure about the capabilities the Parrot, but I am quite sure that the THB does not support those features

That is distressing about the limitations of the Seido. Assuming that the Seido has the appropiate capacity for both charging and connection to the external aerial, then it shouldn't be too hard to splice the THB kit with the Seido cradle, should you be so inclined
    The Seido does not have an in-dash control module. For about $129.00, it's all self-contained with a speaker on the back of the cradle.

Furthermore, if you have been spoiled by the Benz, you may want to go back to the Nokia 616 (update of the 610). Although you wouldn't be able to use the external aerial, you can still use the kit as T650 supports the handsfree profile. You may be able to access more of your voice commands with that particular kit than any of the other ones. I am not sure about the capabilities the Parrot, but I am quite sure that the THB does not support those features
    616! Cool update for Nokia. If it is anything like the Nokia 610, I'll probably go for it. Especially, if I can use the new Treo 650 voice command software to run through it. I am still curious about how THB will respond to the new Bluetooth Treo 650.
    Good thread all. I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited and am anxiously awaiting the T650 to try out the integrated Bluetooth system in the car. It sounds similar to the one mentioned in the MB above where it lowers the radio, dials, redials etc by voice.

G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1000
    Good thread all. I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited and am anxiously awaiting the T650 to try out the integrated Bluetooth system in the car. It sounds similar to the one mentioned in the MB above where it lowers the radio, dials, redials etc by voice. G.

I went to the showroom and saw the one for Jeep Cherokee, but it was for 2004. You might be interested in this link from PC Magazine that describes all of the Bluetooth enabled cars from 2004. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1473715,00.asp
    I have a question. If this is too far off topic, I will start a new thread. Jest let me know.

How does one interact with a phone mail system (e.g. dial 7 to delete a message) when using one of the Bluetooth car kits? Is it back to pulling the phone out and use the good old dial pad on the phone?

I've seen BMW 745 and Land Rover LR3 that come with a dial pad on the car. The Range Rover has a touch screen key pad on the NAV display. Would one be able to use those to avoid pulling the phone out of the briefcase?
    100thMonkey turned me on to the Nokia 616 which seems to be capable via Bluetooth of integrating and displaying phone and data. On my 2002 S430, I am able to receive text messages also i.e. SMS. I know it does SMS. There are 3 modes and I think there is a mode that mimics whatever the phone's functions and capabilities are on its separate screen. However, you phone may have function and require button validating that is not present on the Car Kit. I'll do some additional research. In the meantime, check out the Nokia 616 seems very evolved. Let us know what you think. http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,65323,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by ypshan
    I have a question. If this is too far off topic, I will start a new thread. Jest let me know.

How does one interact with a phone mail system (e.g. dial 7 to delete a message) when using one of the Bluetooth car kits? Is it back to pulling the phone out and use the good old dial pad on the phone?

I've seen BMW 745 and Land Rover LR3 that come with a dial pad on the car. The Range Rover has a touch screen key pad on the NAV display. Would one be able to use those to avoid pulling the phone out of the briefcase?
    Forgive me if this is slightly off topic, but being as we're talking about BT car kits for use with the 650, I need some clarification from those in the know.

I currently have a Sony Ericsson BT Handsfree setup in my Audi A4 that I used to use with a Sony Ericsson T610. Obviously the Treo 600 I'm now using makes the BT Handsfree useless (yes I know I could potentially pair it with one of the BT for 'non-BT phone' setups out there, but please read on...).

One of the ways I use the T600 in the car is listening to MP3s via a cassette adapter for the stereo. So my question is this:

If I'm using a Treo 650, paired and making/answering calls with the BT Handsfree, can I still route the MP3 audio out the headset jack via a cassette adapter? Will the phone/OS get confused, not knowing the headset jack is in use for music output and mistakenly route call audio to the car stereo speakers instead of the BT Handsfree? Thanks.
    Last edited by treo007; 11/15/2004 at 06:58 PM.
  20.    #40  
    I have no idea, to be frank

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast