Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by noisygecko
    The only problem with most of the postings about charges/features is that there is no mention of contracts. So far when I shop around for phones, all I can find are plans with contracts and included phones.

    My plan:

    T-mobile (no contract)
    $39.99
    1000 Anytime minutes
    40 cents/minute over that
    50 incoming SMS
    $19.99
    Unlimited GPRS Internet

    -Sim
    my contract was over about a year ago...am contractless
  2. #22  
    AT&T National Plan: 2 phones, 550 anytime, free nights/wkends starting at 7, free mobile to mobile, free LD anywhere in USA, free incoming SMS (my pages and emails come in as SMS): $50 -and I never get anywhere near my limit. Oh, and I get a 15% corporate discount.
  3. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #23  
    $39.99 a month.

    750 anytime
    unlimited nights weekends
    pcs to pcs calling
    unlimited data
    night calls start at 7pm

    yes repeated calls to the retention department based on some major errors on sprints part and i am good to go.
  4. #24  
    Sprint

    $40

    750 minutes
    unlimited PCS-PCS
    unlimited n/w at 9

    $20

    second line sharing minutes

    $5

    vision professional pack on second line

    $0

    Extra 120 minutes per month on both phone numbers
    (bumping it to a total of 890)


    + taxes - 18% corporate discount


    yay.
  5. #25  
    Good carrier/rate info for the Washington D.C. area. May be useful for other areas as well.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...de04/front.htm
  6. #26  
    Sprint -- $90
    2000 anytime minutes
    "Unlimited" Vision
    Unlimited PCS to PCS
    No roaming charges (up to 50% of minutes can be roaming)
    No long distance charges
    minutes shared on 3 lines
    No contract

    Since this is a grandfathered plan, though, Sprint is giving me a hard time about adding a 4th line. I don't have to change plans, but if I don't, I'll still have to pay $20 for the new line, and I won't be able to add any minutes or get free nights or weekends (i.e., I'm willing to pay for those things, they just won't offer them to me). That's how they get you to abandon great plans when your needs change. I can't complain, though, as I've had a good deal for a long time now.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    That's fine if you disagree, but you can't argue with coverage maps. Cingular's is just plain bigger. T-Mobile won't work, for example, on a lot of Route 80 in Central PA.
    The thing to remember is that T-Mobile roams on Cingular!
  8. #28  
    I don't believe you can use Vision while roaming on Verizon, correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by curtiscarmack
    Sprint -- $90
    2000 anytime minutes
    "Unlimited" Vision
    Unlimited PCS to PCS
    No roaming charges (up to 50% of minutes can be roaming)
    No long distance charges
    minutes shared on 3 lines
    No contract

    Since this is a grandfathered plan, though, Sprint is giving me a hard time about adding a 4th line. I don't have to change plans, but if I don't, I'll still have to pay $20 for the new line, and I won't be able to add any minutes or get free nights or weekends (i.e., I'm willing to pay for those things, they just won't offer them to me). That's how they get you to abandon great plans when your needs change. I can't complain, though, as I've had a good deal for a long time now.
  9. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #29  
    Plan name FamTime Unl Nts 1600
    Plan Price $99.99
    Whenever minutes (per month) 1600
    Weekend minutes (per month) Unlimited
    Weeknight minutes (per month) Unlimited
    Mobile to mobile minutes (per month) Unlimited
    Additional minutes (per month) $0.35
    WorldClass International Service Free
    T-Zones $9.99 Pro $9.99
    3 extra lines @ $10 each
  10. #30  
    For those of you who have Sprint w/ 2 lines and 2 vision phones, are they charging you $15 for vision on the 2nd phone? I have an old sprint plan with 2 treo 600's... $100 for 2500 shared minutes with 2 lines. Free vision on the first line, but they're charging me $15 for vision on the 2nd line. Thanks
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I don't believe you can use Vision while roaming on Verizon, correct?
    Correct.
  12. #32  
    Hey, this is my first post! Anyways, I like T-mobile for the price and quality reception I get. I am sad that they haven't said anything about offering the 650 and I'll probably have to switch to Cingular if that's the case. I talked to the service line on T-mobile and they had no idea about the 650. Here is the response about the 650 in an email to me.

    "Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile.

    I understand that you are requesting information on when the Treo 650 will be available. I will be happy to assist you with this information. T-Mobile has not announced an official release date at this time. We are constantly adding to our line-up of fantastic products so please check back with us often. For the most current information on the products that T-Mobile offers, please visit our website at T-Mobile.com or your local T-Mobile retail store.

    If you have any other comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at anytime.

    Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.
    Sincerely,
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    ///Marshall
    Technical Services"
  13.    #33  
    I got the same stupid response. what is the deal with them. I tt
  14. #34  
    Remember when Verizon users put out an onilne petition to have Verizon carry the T600? Maybe somebody ambitious can do the same for T-mobile. Anyone willing? Hopefully if they respond with a "yes" it will be before a new Treo comes out.
  15. #35  
    "Tmobile has the best plans"

    ...and the worst coverage, nationwide.
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
  16. #36  
    [QUOTE=Physician User]Hey, this is my first post! Anyways, I like T-mobile for the price and quality reception I get. I am sad that they haven't said anything about offering the 650 and I'll probably have to switch to Cingular if that's the case. I talked to the service line on T-mobile and they had no idea about the 650. Here is the response about the 650 in an email to me.

    QUOTE]

    Hey T-Mobes, Just because they don't sell it, desn't mean you can't use it. If you like T-mobile just buy the phone from Palm One and use it on T-mobiles lines. Nothing has changed from 600 that would preclude you from using a GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobiles lines. I went to Roadshow and there were T-mobile users already mong the developers.

    I have never bought a Treo from a phone provider and always had every feature. I put a Cingular sim card in and then a T-Mobile. MINOR configuration differences that are provided to you by Palm. Even Palm admits that the GSM phones they will be shipping to us GSM roadshow attendees will be T-mobile compatible. I am a Cingular dude, but if you like T-Mobile and have good coverage, stick with them, they have great pricing!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by noisygecko
    The only problem with most of the postings about charges/features is that there is no mention of contracts. So far when I shop around for phones, all I can find are plans with contracts and included phones.

    My plan:

    T-mobile (no contract)
    $39.99
    1000 Anytime minutes
    40 cents/minute over that
    50 incoming SMS
    $19.99
    Unlimited GPRS Internet

    -Sim

    Cingular 5 years no contract, change plans no contract. Collected about $300 in retention with no contract requirements last 2 years*
    39.95 1000 rollover Nation >+.45, 19.95 MEdia includes unlimited data, 200 MMS, 1500 SMS *presently not giving retention
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandoc
    For those of you who have Sprint w/ 2 lines and 2 vision phones, are they charging you $15 for vision on the 2nd phone? I have an old sprint plan with 2 treo 600's... $100 for 2500 shared minutes with 2 lines. Free vision on the first line, but they're charging me $15 for vision on the 2nd line. Thanks
    I have the old 2000 minutes for $85 with the free second line and I am paying $5 for Vision on the second line.
  19. #39  
    I use Sprint and have the $100 for 2000 minutes, unlimited PCS to PCS, Unlimited nights and weekends, and unlimited data (via using phone as modem or just the vision services). And that is for 2 phones sharing everything

    I also have never used my 2000 minutes. Between everyone I know using Sprint, and I never go to roaming with Sprint, this plan is great for me and my fiance.

    I am a pilot and travel extensively throughout the U.S. and I have NEVER got off a plane and not been able to use my Sprint service. Sprint has really surprised me.

    Don't get me wrong, there are places that do have a problem, ie... one of the lakes in Oklahoma has NO coverage from Sprint, but I am only on the lake a couple of weekends a year.

    "Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions