Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all - Marc just e-mailed me & Chatter is no longer supporting IM. Can anyone recommend another IM app? OR Is there a way to log into MSN Messenger from a mobile site (Yahoo supports it...) I've downloaded VeriChat but the yearly subscription fee is kind of silly.....

Thanks in advance -
    Vivienne
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Verichat.
  3.    #4  
    Thanks everyone!
    Causerie is actually pretty good. I tried it for the 15days allowed, but I don't IM enough to justify buying it. Check it out.
    Verichat - the SMS notification is the killer feature for me.
    mundu
    ICQ for palm
    Agile Mobile is finally working on a palm version of their wonderful Agile Messenger software. I've been dying for one from them for years now and envying all my symbian using friends. It's currently only beta (and it's a version behind their latest version so its not as fully featured, but it's stable and most importantly FREE) but I've got high hopes and will definitely keep my eye on development.

www.agilemobile.com/agile_messenger.html

here's a good review on version 3.0 (the palm beta is still 2.0 though) for anyone who's interested in what's to come. Of note is the push-to-talk function, my Nokia using friend sent me a message using that and it's pretty cool how it works.

http://www.symmobile.com/index.php?p...agilemessenger
    Last edited by jennyfur; 11/02/2004 at 09:32 AM.
    Causerie is getting better and better. If you are still on the fence, definitely give it a try and compare against Verichat, etc.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    Agile Mobile is finally working on a palm version of their wonderful Agile Messenger software.
    www.agilemobile.com/agile_messenger.html
    Thanks, Jennyfur! I am definitely going to check this out. Have you had any problems with the Beta?

V
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get out and VOTE
    Why exactly are we moving from Verichat to Causerie? I have been Verichat for years, what is the benefits to changing? I have never had any issues with regard to battery life and I don't pay annual fees.
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I have never had any issues with regard to battery life and I don't pay annual fees.
    Shhh...don't tell! I looked at both services over the weekend & there is a subscription fee after the initial SW purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Causerie is getting better and better. If you are still on the fence, definitely give it a try and compare against Verichat, etc.
    I'm going to look into Causerie, too. Their product descr was pretty good / similar, so I guess it's a matter of personal pref at this point. It's just kinda hard to justify a subscription fee if you're an occasional (read: bored in the airport) user.
    Quote Originally Posted by MizVivienne
    It's just kinda hard to justify a subscription fee if you're an occasional (read: bored in the airport) user.
    My company uses IM extensively so Verichat is a must-have for me, and it's such a huge value-add to be able to IM with anyone at any time that I don't give a second thought to paying the subscription fee.
    Thanks, Jennyfur! I am definitely going to check this out. Have you had any problems with the Beta?
    So far, no real problems... but I'm only an occasional user, I don't IM all the time. Also, I'm also only using it for AOL and ICQ at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    So far, no real problems... but I'm only an occasional user, I don't IM all the time. Also, I'm also only using it for AOL and ICQ at the moment.
    I have been trying to use it for occasional AOL IMing, but it always disconnects me immediately after connecting (or maybe it never really connects), and no errors nor log output seem to be available (or I don't know where to look).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    --Mike
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Just downloaded Causerie, I'm new to IM. I set up a hotmail account and whenever I try to connect from my palm it states MSN authentication failure. Any one any ideas?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Just downloaded Causerie, I'm new to IM. I set up a hotmail account and whenever I try to connect from my palm it states MSN authentication failure. Any one any ideas?
    Make sure you have your password entered correctly? That is the only thing I can think of...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Make sure you have your password entered correctly? That is the only thing I can think of...
    Tried every combination I could think of. What is weird is that I have logged on using my girlfriends SPV C500 (very nice smartphone BTW) MSN software with my password etc. Waiting for a response from Causerie support.....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    I have been trying to use it for occasional AOL IMing, but it always disconnects me immediately after connecting (or maybe it never really connects), and no errors nor log output seem to be available (or I don't know where to look).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    --Mike
    I am trying agile and it is doing the same thing to me - connecting then disconnected...
    Quote Originally Posted by robotron
    I am trying agile and it is doing the same thing to me - connecting then disconnected...
    I got it to work by deleting the first version I tried, redownloading (from the source at MTDN this time), and reinstalling the app. I don't know why it failed before, but it seems to work now.

--Mike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast