1.    #1  
    Will Sprint's version of the 650, allow for use in Europe, with chip replacements, etc...?
    No, sprint is CDMA...different radio.GSM unlocked can be used worldwide with appropriate sim card.
    Be careful sometimes you will see hear people say that Sprint has coverage in Rome*, Athens**, and Paris***

*(Georgia)
    **(Texas)
    ***(Tennessee)
  4.    #4  
    Ok...so will I be able to upgrade my Sprint purchased 650 to use for travel in Europe then?

Could I have done this with my Sprint Treo 600?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mlamia
    Ok...so will I be able to upgrade my Sprint purchased 650 to use for travel in Europe then?

Thanks
    You cannot use a Sprint Treo 600/650 phone in europe and cannot upgrade to do so. You need a GSM Treo 600/650.
    Actually Sprint does have full international coverage, however you need to get a SIM card from them and then an unlocked GSM phone. You will then be able to use Sprint around the world (except Japan) with your same phone number - not however your Sprint Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlamia

Thanks
    It was a poor joke, no you can't use it internationally, read my post carefully.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mlamia

Thanks

It was a poor joke, no you can't use it internationally, read my post carefully

Actually I tought it was pretty funny
    If you go to gsmworld.com, you can read all about GSM and see a realtime counter of GSM subscribers (1billion+++).

GSM - it's a frightening thing!
    www.gsmworld.com
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    If you go to gsmworld.com, you can read all about GSM and see a realtime counter of GSM subscribers (1billion+++).

GSM - it's a frightening thing!
    T'would seem we Americans are pretty arrogant about our perceived need for CDMA coverage and the phones that use that band. Our Sprint has effectively denied our use of the first runs of the Treo 650 and PDA2K until they've decided their marketing run of it is over. I wouldn't use Sprint on a bet!
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!