Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Hey,

I remember when the T3 came out it had updated Contacts to sync better with the fields in Outlook. at that time, the treo 600 did not have these updated contacts. i take it that the treo 650 now has the new contacts app. If so, I take it that for users that use palm desktop (not outlook), transferring data from treo 600 to treo 650 via the desktop will be a difficult task due the updated fields. Is that so?

many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by glenng
    Hey,

I remember when the T3 came out it had updated Contacts to sync better with the fields in Outlook. at that time, the treo 600 did not have these updated contacts. i take it that the treo 650 now has the new contacts app. If so, I take it that for users that use palm desktop (not outlook), transferring data from treo 600 to treo 650 via the desktop will be a difficult task due the updated fields. Is that so?

many thanks!
    The Treo 650 appears to have the updated PIM applications which would include the similar formats of the T3
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I have a T3 with the updated PIMS....and I can hotsync to either Outlook or Palm Desktop without any problems.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    thanks guys. Millydog, what I was wondering is how to get Treo 600 contacts using Palm Desktop to a Treo650. since they have different fields.
    Don't worry about it. The T3 doesn't have different firlds, it has more fields. The sync software that comes with the unit takes care of everything. I upgraded to a T3 from a T2 seamlessly. I would be very very surpised if there was any difference with an upgrade to a 650.

Rob
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    The Treo 650 has PIM similar to Zire 72's... which means T3 + the ability to attach pictures to each contact.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    hey Rob, so you upgraded from a T2 to T3 seamlessly via the Palm Desktop, not Outlook? you were able to install the T3 desktop right over the T2 desktop? many thanks the help!
    well, actually it was over Outlook. But the sync is the same so I don't think there will be any problems.