Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I am currently using LauncherX on my 600 and was hoping to use it on the 650. would anyone know if there would be potential compatibility issues, as this app is no longer updated? Many thanks
    I hate to say, but LX's day has passed. ZL is the new king. I have owned both and ZL is just more powerful, especially from a memory management perspective. Additionally, the wonderful creator of LX has died, so there won't be any improvements in the future
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Do you have a link to ZL?
    I did test LX on the Tungsten T5, which sports the same OS (5.4) as the Treo650, and everything seemed to work OK except for the select button, which is a bit of a problem.

This may, however, be something machine-specific, to do with palmOne's fiddling around with the 5-way functionality to make it behave more like the Treo's dialogue focus.

It'll be a shame if this is the OS update that kills LX, its simple functionality is somewhat lacking in the more sophisticated launcher replacements.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.

hopefully the center of the d-pad works for the 650, as it works fine for the 600. that would really suck if the OS update kills it. thanks for comparison with the T5.

As for ZL, I got that launcher too. its a little too much for me though. like the previous poster, I like the simplicity of LX. however, if need be I have ZL handy.

thanks again
    ZLauncher was a bit too confusing for my liking, yes it's probably powerful but I like LauncherX's simple yet powerful interface.
    I think that there is an LX theme for ZL for the high Res, so T650 can use it,,,just an idea

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

I tested launcherx on the 650 simulator, works great.

And yes, I find Zlauncher too cluttered, messy, and less useful.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...achmentid=4321
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    thanks Real-ity for checking it on the simulator. So I take that the center nav pad selector works? (Just double checking) many thanks!

100thMonkey, thanks for the LX skin for ZL recommendation. Thats the skin that I actually used when I tried getting used to ZL.
    :d