1.    #1  
    Here you guys/ladies/whiners go. Have at it. You have your own thread now. Stay out of the others.

TheHandlessKing

Oooooo, I'm going to be popular during recess.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    i want the gsm treo 650 badly!!!
    or should i get nokia communicator 9500?
    its out already tho
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    I love it!

TheHandlessKing
    no wifi blah blah blah, no bluetooth on sprint blah blah blah, no 1 megapixel camera blah blah blah, it's too heavy, too small and not small enough blah blah blah, why no analog roaming blah blah blah.

Did I miss anything?
    no fusion power?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    No readylink, too small of ram, different connector, BT 1.1 Blah Blah Blah.

Handless King, I wanted to start a thread like this a few days ago, figured I would be called a Nazi. I am so tired of hearing all the complaining. If you dont like it dont buy it, PERIOD. If you need to voice your opinion flood Palm's inbox with complaints. Of course that will not work since it is the same 100 or less people griping. Newsflash if only 100 people are upset by it, than you are not the majority, which is what Palm wants to please.
    Why is TreoCentral full of negative people?
    When Treo 650 first came out. TC was full of negative comments about it.
    Then I request WiFi drivers and negative comments about WiFi. You remind me of a coworker that I have at work who would always be against new suggestions for enhancements from other people. I guess it's only good when it comes out from their mouths. Narrow minded people should take the I out of their mouths and let other people fufill their goals.

Al
    No remote SIM profile on Bluetooth or BT 1.2
    No 1.3 megapix
    No flash
    No internal antena
    No additional user available memory in practice

-maybe, no one touch voice memo that saves to SD card
    -maybe, no support of high speed 20MB/s SD cards by Panasonic and SanDisk

that said, it has
    -high res
    -faster processor
    -nonvolatile memory
    -BT
    -removable battery
    -updated OS
    -EDGE on GSM models

TO ME, its a worthy upgrade
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    I love it!

TheHandlessKing
    Beware - I just read that a site supplying those thousands of "smilies" is one of the biggest spyware sites around...
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    No remote SIM profile on Bluetooth or BT 1.2
    No 1.3 megapix
    No flash
    No internal antena
    No additional user available memory in practice

-maybe, no one touch voice memo that saves to SD card
    -maybe, no support of high speed 20MB/s SD cards by Panasonic and SanDisk

that said, it has
    -high res
    -faster processor
    -nonvolatile memory
    -BT
    -removable battery
    -updated OS
    -EDGE on GSM models

TO ME, its a worthy upgrade

so, what does a remote sim profile actually do ?
    had this profile on the nokia 6230
    Let me be the first to whine about the existence of this thread. We can have ten different threads about the roadshow discount but only one thread for complaints?

Already this thread seems to be a mix of pseudo-complaints that are really just sarcastic mocks of others' complaints and true complaints without any significant discussion around them. If you don't like to see complaints from others in a discussion forum, I would recommend taking your own advice and don't buy...er...read them.

My personal perspective is that I agree that ten complaint threads about the lack of WiFi is annoying, but I'd prefer to see one thread per complaint with discussion for/against the validity of that feature (or, rather, lacking feature).

If your concerned that the place seems a bit flooded with negativity, relax. The device isn't in people's hands yet, so for the next several weeks the bulk of the messages here will be discussions about the road show (who's going, detailed reports of the Q&A sessions, I signed up for my discount, my discount code didn't work, did you get your discounted Treo delivered yet, etc.) as well as threads from long-time Treo fanatics who were really hoping that the successor to the Treo 600 was finally going to address all of the shortcomings (per their needs) and will be venting about it. As more and more people start to get theirs the discussions will shift to people discussing how cool things are, bugs and hardware issues, and probably a whole lot of "when's Cingular/T-Mobile/etc. going to release this?" threads. Trickling in will be discussions about some cool new way to do this or that. And let's not forget the "Post your favorite Treo 650 photos" thread. We'll also begin to see more and more discussion about some new app (or update to an existing app) that does something new and special for Treo 650 owners. Those of you who hate anything negative being written about the Treo will also want to sit out from any "Is this a Treo 650 killer?" threads that are bound to pop up here and there as new smartphone and communicator devices are released over the next year. Towards the end of the cycle (around eleven months), we may see new discussion around rumors of a Treo 650 successor.

There. I've planned out the next twelve months for you. Welcome to the world of online community forums. Don't get too caught up in what seems like a lot of negativity for the next couple of weeks, just enjoy the ride or watch from the sidelines.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    so, what does a remote sim profile actually do ?
    right Nokia is the only one to have it thus far. They have a great car kit, the Nokia 610 (no good for USA with only 900/1800). Now, most BT car kit use the phone for the antena. However, the remote SIM profile allows there to be a hard wired external mount on the car for improved reception. The remote SIM is exactly that, it allows the hard wired system to act as the phone because of remote SIM access. Totally cool IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    There. I've planned out the next twelve months for you. Welcome to the world of online community forums. Don't get too caught up in what seems like a lot of negativity for the next couple of weeks, just enjoy the ride or watch from the sidelines.

Scott
    that is a sound piece of advice. See both sides, see what happens. Try it. form your own opinoin. Mine is above, but it is really only valuable to me.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Pcsnpixels - No bluetooth on Sprint - Huh???
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I love the 650 as is and can't wait to get it!

Here is why:

screen - fantastic
    BT - do not use it
    Camera - much better -- workable!
    wifi - only works at Starbucks and other esoteric places
    I know. mgauss. I am excited about the screen and Bluetooth the most. The Faster proccessor is very cool too.

The only complaint is the memory and i wish the GSM unlocked version was avaliable first. I would also like a P1 2 year protection plan. For those of us that won't have any phone insurance through Tmobile.
    When the freak will it reach Singapore shores and why the freak is the price of Treo 600 still so feakingly high....