Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is one of my favorite apps, but it no longer seems to work. Resets my Treo every time. I unistalled, downloaded the most up to date version and reinstalled with no luck. Anyone else having this trouble?
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    This is one of my favorite apps, but it no longer seems to work. Resets my Treo every time. I unistalled, downloaded the most up to date version and reinstalled with no luck. Anyone else having this trouble?
    It is one of my favorite apps and no longer works. Shortly before it stopped working, I beamed it to a friend. As far as I know, it still works on her system. I have at least one other app that does the same thing. It is probably a software conflict. Palm OS is notoriously application intolerant.
    Recently it was working OK for me. But after reading the above post, I tried it and it locked up my Treo 600. Had to perform a soft reset. Anyone know what's up?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Recently it was working OK for me. But after reading the above post, I tried it and it locked up my Treo 600. Had to perform a soft reset. Anyone know what's up?
    I do not have to do a soft reset; trying to use DA causes one.
    OK Guys. It is DA that is causing the problem. The fix is to delete it, being sure to use the native delete, and then re-install. Using the delete from filez, LauncherZ or LauncherX will not fix the problem. Good luck.
    I just got DA to work on the Treo 650 simulator.
  7.    #7  
    I did delete and reinstall, and it still crashes my Treo. It worked for you after reinstalling?
    I did delete and reinstall, and it still crashes my Treo. It worked for you after reinstalling?
    Yes. How did you delete? The only delete that will work is the native Palm OS delete.
  9.    #9  
    I used the native delete function. Will try again when I get home.
    I used the native delete function. Will try again when I get home.
    Good luck.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Just used it on T-Mobile with no problems. V3.00 b7

Rick seems to have disappeared altogether. His web site is no longer and I haven't seen him respond to forum questions for quite a long time. I wonder what happened. I hope he's OK.
    I just deleted it and reinstall. Comes up error when I know I've been able to get the address before. Then when I try again it comes up with "Parsing Data-which means it's locking up. Then I get the hard boot screen. Ouch! Don't wanna press "up botton". BTW-I've been backing up on BackupMan each time I try this DA.

I'm wondering if it's a Sprint only issue? Anyone on Sprint getting it to work?
    I am a Sprint user and having completed every assignment given to me by the Domestic Scheduler, I will give it a try. I just found 9 Starbucks here in Honolulu. In Seattle, Wa, there are...oh, gosh, an error message getting data. Let's see.

Doing a residential search here in Honolulu - I am not listed (good). Looking up Tampa General Hospital in Tampa, Fl - error getting data:0 - I guess it is having a problem.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I just deleted it and reinstall. Comes up error when I know I've been able to get the address before. Then when I try again it comes up with "Parsing Data-which means it's locking up. Then I get the hard boot screen. Ouch! Don't wanna press "up botton". BTW-I've been backing up on BackupMan each time I try this DA.

I'm wondering if it's a Sprint only issue? Anyone on Sprint getting it to work?
    Works fine on my Sprint T600
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Works on my T600 - Sprint.

Rick's page is still there - http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/index.html.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksawatsky
    Doh! I was using the wrong URL.
    These programs are less useful now with Google SMS:

http://www.google.com/sms/
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv

Perhaps less necessary but still very useful. The integration sets it apart.

Based upon your post, I have tried Google SMS. I like it. I am sure that I will use it. I am sure that I would use it on a cell phone. I am not sure that I like it better than Google/Palm. (As with many queries that I do routinely on Blazer, I save the Google/Palm page rather than just the bookmark. Some query pages are quite long and take less time to load from memory than from the Internet. For example, I routinely use the MTA page to check the train shedule. Their great page enables me to pick the stations from a drop down list and defaults to the five trains bracketing the time of the query. However, loading the page from the net includes the time to download that drop down list; if I wait for it, I may have missed the first train.)

However, for the things that I now do with DA rather than Google/Palm, I am sure that I will continue to use DA. I like the ability to copy the results into my contacts or Mapquest. I like the ability to flip origin and destination in MapQuest.
    Last edited by whmurray; 11/01/2004 at 11:12 AM.
    whmurray, is the MTA site "better" than the Métro app <http://nanika.net/Metro>? Also, what's the link to the MTA; is it WAP-friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    Another area where these programs excel - they do not incur an extra cost. SMS is an extra cost for me, on top of my data plan. I may as well take advantage of the data plan by using something like DA.
    Last edited by Azazello; 11/01/2004 at 12:02 PM.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Google/SMS doesn't seem to work for most users (at least the ones who post in the Google/SMS forum) on Sprint PCS. Have any Sprint users here been able to use Google/SMS successfully?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast