Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm curious. How many of you will switch from your current carrier to Sprint because the Treo650 will be exclusive to Sprint for a while?
    I am...I'm even going to pay a large fee to do it, but I refuse to wait around for Verizon to give their blessings on a phone until the next one is only a few months from being released, so then I wait for that one and I'm in an endless cycle, stuck with an old phone and an old Palm. Nope, not playing that game anymore. See ya, Verizon.
    I'd *LIKE* to switch to Sprint but it doesn't look like even Sprint will get the phones here in the Twin Cities (MN) before the end of the year. AT&T looks to be a better choice here... We'll see in a couple weeks, though!
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmacgeek
    I'd *LIKE* to switch to Sprint but it doesn't look like even Sprint will get the phones here in the Twin Cities (MN) before the end of the year.
    Why would Sprint get the Treo650 later in the Twin Cities than anywhere else? My guess is Sprint will release the Treo650 nationwide in mid-November.
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmacgeek
    I'd *LIKE* to switch to Sprint but it doesn't look like even Sprint will get the phones here in the Twin Cities (MN) before the end of the year. AT&T looks to be a better choice here... We'll see in a couple weeks, though!
    You can buy the phone from Sprint online, on the telephone, or in a local store. If your local stores don't carry it, no problem, go to www.sprintpcs.com and buy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1
    I'm curious. How many of you will switch from your current carrier to Sprint because the Treo650 will be exclusive to Sprint for a while?
    I did not do it for the 600, which I really wanted; I am not likely to do it for the 650, about which I am largely indifferent.
    No way man. GSM rulz
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    No way man. GSM rulz
    agreed
    :haveadrin:

EDIT: my bad, that's only on HoFo
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I'm with T-Mobile, and I've decided to at least investigate Sprint and CDMA technology. I visited a Sprint store here in NJ and they seemed pretty clueless about a lot. I'm looking for people who like Sprint service here. Otherwise, I'm stuck waiting for T-Mobile or another GSM to get it..
    Is there anyone on here from Atlanta who has experience with Sprint CDMA to get an idea of speed?

Anyone from Atlanta with AT&T GSM experience?

Would love to hear from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1
    If the 600 teaches us anything, the 650 will be exclusive to Sprint for a long time.

To some degree or another, that is okay. More than half here are already committed to Sprint.

The rest of us are committed to GSM and nothing will get us to switch.
    With me attending the Treo Road SHow, and getting the Treo650 for 379, I will definitely be buying!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I have said this a lot already, but I am considering it if I cant get an unlocked one to use with t-mo. it looks like t-mo wont be carrying it.

put sprint minutes suck big time.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    I have said this a lot already, but I am considering it if I cant get an unlocked one to use with t-mo. it looks like t-mo wont be carrying it.

put sprint minutes suck big time.
    Of course, that is the beauty of GSM. Get any unlocked phone and put your T-Mo SIM in it. T-Mo was late on the 600 too, but the Cingular phone was not locked. I still wonder whether T-Mo, when they finally branded the 600, included any cool software that I missed out on.

For GSM, service provider branding appears to be more about pricing than function.

I conclude that you are a GSM user who is unlikely to switch to Sprint.
    I'm torn as well. I'm with T-Mobile and are extremely happy with both the coverage and the plans. Having said that, I hope a unlocked version does work flawless with TMo. However, I would most likely go to AT&T or Verizon before Sprint.

I've decided that I'm not in rush to get the 650 as I was to get the 600 (upgraded from a 270) due to the few added features. I may skip the 650 completely if no WiFi card gets released and pretty legitamite rumors of a new phone start to show up. By that time I may have a bluetooth enabled car anyway. In any case, I'll hold off until after the holidays unless I see an incredible deal.
    I am currently with T-Mobile and I am so tired of waiting on them to release new Treos that I am probably going to switch to the first carrier that has a camera less 650
    I am not a fan of Sprint! Bad customer service, terrible reception/coverage with my Sprint work phone.

I will not switch providers just to get the 650 earlier. I dislike Sprint THAT bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I conclude that you are a GSM user who is unlikely to switch to Sprint.

you are probably right whmurray, i wont switch. there will always be rumors that the unlocked version will be out any day now, but if it isn't out by july i'm gone.

btw, i take the t-mo denials with a grain of salt. they were saying the same thing about the 600.

i am afraid, that palmone isn't committed to releasing a generic unlocked one.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast