Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Here in Taiwan, P1 released Treo 600 this July, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting for Treo 650 too! :-'(
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    last Dec, Singapore is 1st place that HS released treo 600 (and I bought my 600 @ SG via online order ),
    this time, I think it still a same thing.
    Hi Guys. This is my first post. I registered to let u know that PalmOne's GSM version of the Treo 650 will be unlocked and sold as a quad-band world phone. There is no need to worry about where this GSM phone works and where it doesn't - It'll work on any GSM network worldwide. It will NOT need unlocking codes etc...

As far as the availability of this world-phone GSM Treo 650, it'll be available in January 2005. A reliable online retailer who will ship virtually anywhere in the world is www.expansys.com (No, I do not work for them, nor do I have any interest in promoting them).

best of luck in waiting for the GSM 650.

z
    AVANTI:

Could you please tell us how you came to know this?

Thank you.
    Expansys sells all kinds of gadgets
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by AVANTI
    Hi Guys. This is my first post. I registered to let u know that PalmOne's GSM version of the Treo 650 will be unlocked and sold as a quad-band world phone.

[SNIP]
    Can you please tell us how you came to know this?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Expansys sells all kinds of gadgets
    My question was about the assertion that the GSM 650 will be unlocked. Sounds like a blanket statement that needs some backing.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    My question was about the assertion that the GSM 650 will be unlocked. Sounds like a blanket statement that needs some backing.
    expansys ALWAYS sells their item as advertised, when they're saying its unlocked, then its unlocked
    Hi Guys. This is my first post. I registered to let u know that PalmOne's GSM version of the Treo 650 will be unlocked and sold as a quad-band world phone. There is no need to worry about where this GSM phone works and where it doesn't - It'll work on any GSM network worldwide. It will NOT need unlocking codes etc...

As far as the availability of this world-phone GSM Treo 650, it'll be available in January 2005. A reliable online retailer who will ship virtually anywhere in the world is www.expansys.com (No, I do not work for them, nor do I have any interest in promoting them).

z
    and they sure do sells treo 650 BUT they are very UNRELIABLE when it comes to the ETA, most likely it will be backed off around a month *believe me, i've ordered items from them in the past, ordered my clie TH55uk from them, ETA on their site was 10days and it was never changed for a few days till it was changed to be backed off around a month from the original ETA*
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    expansys ALWAYS sells their item as advertised, when they're saying its unlocked, then its unlocked
    This is true. However we do not know when they will have treo 650's to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartphone Fan
    This is true. However we do not know when they will have treo 650's to sell.
    that's my other point, their ETA is always unknown
    My question has nothing to do with Expansys!!

AVANTI stated unequivically that "PalmOne's GSM version of the Treo 650 will be unlocked and sold as a quad-band world phone". To me this says that he/she is claiming that no 650 GSM phone will be locked, no matter who sells it! Therefore, I am asking him/her where this information came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    My question has nothing to do with Expansys!!

AVANTI stated unequivically that "PalmOne's GSM version of the Treo 650 will be unlocked and sold as a quad-band world phone". To me this says that he/she is claiming that no 650 GSM phone will be locked, no matter who sells it! Therefore, I am asking him/her where this information came from.
    at least state your question more clearly next time
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    at least state your question more clearly next time
    Funny. The way I see it, I have no clue why you thought I was asking about Expansys. You skipped the meaty part of Avanti's statement and my bolded quote.

At least read more carefully next time
    jeez, someone needs to leave his keyboard once in a while and catch a few rays. I'm only gone from my PC half a day and my first post is bombarded with requests to clarify myself by mr. silverado.

"assertion" "blanket statement" "unequivically" [sic] "claiming" .... hmmm.... why do I feel like Lee Harvey Oswald, trying to be framed for something...

All I stated was common, public information that is not only available on P1's site, but that was also referenced here on TC (regarding the unlocked GSM version). I am not referring to the T-mobil, Cingular or ATT versions (which also happen to be GSM-based phones). Again, I repeat, I am referring to PalmOne's GSM 650. The unbranded one. It will be sold as a quad-band world phone. There is a world outside the United States, you know....

And given that PalmOne has already mentioned this unlocked GSM phone before its release (unlike the T600), it seems not too unreasonable to deduce that there will be NO GSM unlocked phones. However, seeing as you are a litigious little gremlin, let me make it clear that this paragraph, unlike the previous ones, is replete with pure conjecture and not factual "claims" or conspiracy theories.

wolwol is correct in warning against assuming expansys' ETA is carved in stone. Maybe I should have worded my statement differently. Having said that, I still believe it will be shipping in January '05. Maybe even earlier via ATT (early Dec?) But since this wasn't the "meaty" part of my statement, I suppose you're only concerned with my remark that the P1 650 will be unlocked. And I hope I've answered your question.

I don't mind being pounced on, on my first foray into a discussion BB. In fact I quite often, in a sado-masochistic way, enjoy being pounced on. But other newbies may be scared off. So maybe you ought to reduce your sugar intake and spend more time outdoors to take the edge off your nerves or whatever it is that ails you my silverado pony friend.
    I talked to a couple of Palm dealers in Bangkok last weekend about the arrival of the Treo 650. They both said "next month". But I took this to mean "not next week but we don't really know when so we are saying next month to keep you happy". Shopping in Thailand is a bit like that...

Having said that, being one of the desparados who would like to put my money down for a 650 at the earliest possible moment, I don't expect to buy it in Thailand.

I am guessing that first stocks in Asia will show up in Hong Kong and, maybe, Singapore. I reckon that I'll have to find an excuse to travel as soon as I hear that stocks have arrived in one of those locations.

So, Mr. Bongmaster, can you (a) keep a close eye on shops in HK and let me know the minute you see 650s on the shelf and (b) let me know the name and address of the fore-mentioned shop. Please!

Regards
    Peter

z
    Is this not common knowledge that every Treo from Palm one is never locked
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    So, Mr. Bongmaster, can you (a) keep a close eye on shops in HK and let me know the minute you see 650s on the shelf and (b) let me know the name and address of the fore-mentioned shop. Please!

Regards
    Peter

Peter and all the other Thai members
    If any of you guys are headed this way to HKG we should meet up for a night on the town. I will keep you updated on the situation here. Hopefully its released in BKK first..This will give me an excuse to get out of here
    Bongmaster,

Any update on the availability of Treo650 in HK? I have some friends who are travelling there next week and if it might be available, I will send them shopping for me.

Otherwise, I have preordered one from expansys in Australia. But they are saying January delivery.

Regards
    Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    Peter and all the other Thai members
    If any of you guys are headed this way to HKG we should meet up for a night on the town. I will keep you updated on the situation here. Hopefully its released in BKK first..This will give me an excuse to get out of here
    I'm hoping to get to Ma Boon Krong in late January/Early Feb. I'm hoping that the phone is in stock by then.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast