1.    #1  
    OK. You guys might think this is crazy, but the new camera in this replacement 600 is unbelievable. In fact, it looks identical to some photos takes with the 650 in comparison to the 600.

I still had my old 600 to compare photos with, so take a look....

This is a hardware revision C with no notable software/ hardware differences other than the camera quality.

This thing will take a picture in absolute dark... see attached.
    NO BLUE DOTS!!!!

PS- This replacement is NOT a refurb... it was brand new. (my old 600 was also a revision C)

PSS- I had to scale the last two down slightly so they could be uploaded here (91 and 95)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dcopperfield; 10/31/2004 at 01:23 AM.
    WOW. That's really cool, I'm keeping my fingers crossed now.
    <a href=http://www.floydpinkerton.net>My Homepage</a><br>
    <a href=http://www.totaldialup.net>TotalDialup.com</a> My business<br>
    <a href=http://www.coverupsounds.com>Coverupsounds.com</a> (my small contribution)
    Sweet!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Here are some pics take with my 2 week old....actually there were some even better than these but I did't attach due to privacy reasons....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have detailed files.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I have a "new" replacement too. I thought the same thing. low light pics are greatly improved, also the refresh rate on the camera is also faster.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    same here. I'm on Treo 600 number 3 as of about 2 weeks ago. I quit using the cam on the others because it was so bad, but the one in the ver. C "is" much better. I have especially found that it works better in low light, and no blue pixels.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    version C has always had the best camera...
  8.    #8  
    So not to ask my question again, but let me ask my question again.... Is the camera in this new 600 the same one that will be in the 650?

Based on all the posted pics taken with the 650, it looks the same. The pics I took were in very low light conditions and the compared photos are both from Version "Cs"... just the new photots are from a more recent versions C....

?
    I have version B hardware on my new one and V1.0 camera.
    The camera is MUCH better (especially on the PC) and has helped solidify my reason to keep my Treo 600 longer with all the accesories I already have....

The scary part is that Pickem software now makes the blue dots etc. worse on this one....
    I have detailed files.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    So not to ask my question again, but let me ask my question again.... Is the camera in this new 600 the same one that will be in the 650?

Based on all the posted pics taken with the 650, it looks the same. The pics I took were in very low light conditions and the compared photos are both from Version "Cs"... just the new photots are from a more recent versions C....

?
    Until the 650 actually hits the streets and people are able to disect it, figuratively speaking , then I don't think we'll know for sure whether the camera in your 600 is the same one or not. You're right though, the pics you posted look very similar in quality to the ones posted from a 650.

Mike
    Stupid question. How do I see the Version # again?
    ^^how about for gsm?
    I think those pics are fake, wanting to create more unneeded hype.
    self denial?
    lol
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    The ones taken with the 650 shown in other threads look much better than these.

While they look like an improvement from 600 to 600, it is not as sharp and lighting is not as good as the 650 pics posted, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen23464
    I think those pics are fake, wanting to create more unneeded hype.
    PDA2k zealot alert