1.    #1  
    Hello Everyone,

We have created another update to address some issues with the last update.

To clarify we have added the "Release log" that is on the bottom of the ReadMe.rtf document included inside the zip file.

Release Log:
    ============
    Version 1.0.0: 10-23-2004:
    --------------------------
    Initial pre-release of Voice Dialer 1.0.

Version 1.0.1: 10-30-2004:
    Added Quick Start Button
    Added Company Name to contact list

Version 1.0.2: 10-30-2004:
    Increased Recording Volume to 1/3 of total gain
    Took out 10 Day Nag Screen
    Increased Max Pause between words inside Voice Command (was .220s now .350s)

As always your feedback is welcome.

Sincerely,
    Noel Grover
    CEO Grover Industries, Inc.
    W651) 331-0675
    F615) 704-2662
    http://www.groverind.com
    Good Morning Noel:

Voice Dialer 1.0.2 trial will only allow me to dial one number within any of my contacts.

To test and prove this, I have chosen one contact (my son) with 3 alternate numbers within his drop down box in Contact Properties. I have attempted to set each of the 3 trial numbers to each of his alternate contacts and have recorded each of them as 3 distinctly different tags, "Chris Home", "Chris School", "Chris Cel".

These 3 numbers are the only ones I'm testing in the trial version (which allows 3 numbers) so I have not exceeded the 3 contact trial limitation.

Voice Dialer 1.0.2 only selects the last recorded contact, in fact when I play back any of the three recorded contacts to check them, they are all changed to the last one recorded.

Almost every one of my contacts has more than 2 or 3 alternate numbers, so this is an absolute show-stopper if your pay/liscenced version of Voice Dialer has this problem.

Does it?

Regards.
    Last edited by Big_OTR_Fan; 10/31/2004 at 07:29 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Good Morning Noel:

Voice Dialer 1.0.2 trial will only allow me to dial one number within any of my contacts.

To test and prove this, I have chosen one contact (my son) with 3 alternate numbers within his drop down box in Contact Properties. I have attempted to set each of the 3 trial numbers to each of his alternate contacts and have recorded each of them as 3 distinctly different tags, "Chris Home", "Chris School", "Chris Cel".

These 3 numbers are the only ones I'm testing in the trial version (which allows 3 numbers) so I have not exceeded the 3 contact trial limitation.

Voice Dialer 1.0.2 only selects the last recorded contact, in fact when I play back any of the three recorded contacts to check them, they are all changed to the last one recorded.

Almost every one of my contacts has more than 2 or 3 alternate numbers, so this is an absolute show-stopper if your pay/liscenced version of Voice Dialer has this problem.

Does it?

Regards.

Good Morning,

We are working on this feature for the next update. Right now it is a one-to-one relationship. We are looking into supporting three voice commands for each contact then mapping to phone number.

Have a great day,
    Noel Grover
    Love the program... just the only problem I have is you need a delay in the quick start button...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrodex
    Love the program... just the only problem I have is you need a delay in the quick start button...
    We are looking into the delay part of the Quick Start...

We have added this to the feature list.

Thanks for the feedback,
    Noel Grover
    A note here, the quick start button can at times interfere with use of a launcher program. Due to my configuration, the one-button launch is not viable. Hence, I use a three step plan (sounds like a weight commercial).

I have multiple numbers per entry (often using the options lines) and find the restriction very restricting. For my optimal use, being able to assign voice dialing to each of the nine available fields would be great.

I did go ahead and purchase this product and due to this limitation, the built-in address book is going to increase substantially. Ben

Ben
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Delay on button please...otherwise it is not useable for me. Or use the volume buttons??
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I keep reseting. Version 1.0 did not do this. I have set my button to be the center button on the T600. I agree a delay is necessary due to other functionality of the buttons. I am not sure why I am now getting the resets.
    rr
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rr4him
    I keep reseting. Version 1.0 did not do this. I have set my button to be the center button on the T600. I agree a delay is necessary due to other functionality of the buttons. I am not sure why I am now getting the resets.
    rr
    If this occurs, please make sure to remove (delete) the follow:

voicedialer.prc
    voicelib.prc
    voicelibsupport.prc
    voicelibreg.prc

Then re-installation all files from the 1.0.2 zip file.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Crazy question, but how do you set the start key? I see the option in my registered version that indicates I can use the "Select Key" for the Quick Start Key, but it is not clear how, once you have selected that option, that you can select a key. . . Help.
    And is it expected that when I select the "Filter Noise" option that I receive a "Filter not implemented at this time" message? Is this a feature that will be implemented in future releases? Sorry if this was posted previously.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWahoo
    And is it expected that when I select the "Filter Noise" option that I receive a "Filter not implemented at this time" message? Is this a feature that will be implemented in future releases? Sorry if this was posted previously.
    Hello,

We are going to implement in the near future.

Thanks for your post,
    Noel Grover
  13.    #13  
    Crazy question, but how do you set the start key? I see the option in my registered version that indicates I can use the "Select Key" for the Quick Start Key, but it is not clear how, once you have selected that option, that you can select a key. . . Help.
    Hello,

The Quick Start is in the Settings Form.

The Select key at this time is does not have a hold delay for activation.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Noel, regarding the Select Key, what I understand is that I can only use the 3 Hard Keys to activate Voice Dialer, there is no way to set the center key as the activation? And I will need to wait for an upcoming release to enable the Select Key for that purpose? Is that correct?
    Noel, regarding the Select Key, what I understand is that I can only use the 3 Hard Keys to activate Voice Dialer, there is no way to set the center key as the activation? And I will need to wait for an upcoming release to enable the Select Key for that purpose? Is that correct?
    wait for voice commander. you can use any of the four hardkeys or the volume keys to activate. you no longer have to be in voice dialer to activate a voice call. you can activate voice dial in any app. plus launch any app with voice cmd, create new and fetch mail with snappermail with single voice cmd, open find, launch system prefs and phone prefs with voice cmds.

check it out tomorrow at www.toysoft.ca

VoiceCommander requires voicedialer app for dial anywhere. Voice Commander does NOT require voicedialer for voice command app launching.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Noel,

Great product and I registered yesterday. I had a few other ideas for enhancement that may or may not have been addressed. I personally would like to see:

1. Voice confirmation to dial a number (rather than having to press buttons on the phone to dial)

2. Get the Jabra BT200 headset to work properly with the product. I know a bunch of people use this bluetooth headset and I would love to be able to use it in conjunction with Voice Dialer.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
    Keith
    What firmware does a Treo 600 has to be before you can load this application? This works for GSM Treo's as well?
    I'm using Voice Dialer on a GSM Treo, my firmware is 3.05. I really like the ease and flexibility of the app.