1.    #1  
    Has anybody tried the Bluetrek with the 600? If so can you give some feedback on how it is?

Thanks,

PalmLover
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    No one?!.... I'm also interested to hear feedack on this (for use with the adapter for the Treo 600)
    just got the BlueTrek delivered tonight. Stay tuned and I'll provide feedback.
    Mine will come tomorrow but will remain unused until I get my treo 650
    I just received my BlueTrek G2 yesterday and am testing it out. It seems to work pretty well, however I notice two things. 1) The adapter cable needs to be played with to keep a connection, 2) if the Treo goes to sleep and you receive a call you have to answer the call using the phone and not the headset. Has anyone else noticed these problems? If so have you found a solution?
    I have tried all day to get my BlueTrek to work with my Treo and I am totally frustrated. Kudos to drnkbstd for getting his to work.

So far I have the following challenges a) not sure my dongle (smile when you say it) and the earset are paired - the instructions are very unclear, b) don't understand why when I press the talk button on the headset, I sometimes hear continuous beeps (why?), and c) can't make/receive or get any sort of connection to happen.

I have read, reread and rereread the manual(s), and believe I have followed the instructions. Help!!!!!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Got my headset last night as well. You do have to pair the headset and the dongle first. The directions can get a little tricky, just look under "pairing mode" for both the headset and the dongle. I have done some testing with it so far, I like it but I don't think I will use it as much with my 600, but I can definately see the benefit when I get my 650. I also like the size of the headset and once you can get it positioned in your ear, it feels OK.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I recieved mine and got it all setup. Nice unit. BUT

The clearity is great for me, The other person complains that I am muffled. I tried this headset on my Motorola V600 (bt enabled) and the reviews were great. Any body elsh have this issue.

Grock
    Trust me, it was no walk in the park to get mine paired. In fact if I had to do it again I'm not sure I could very easily. ChiefWahoo the only way I got mine paired was to use my watch to time how long I held down the button on my dongle. (I am smiling too)

I have had the same result that grock1920 had with the other person complains that I sound muffled.

In my opinion the dongle is a royal pain in the you know what. I still struggle with the connection cable between the dongle and the Treo 600. I as well will probably not use this ear piece with my Treo 600 but will wait until I get the 650.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I think it has to do with the dongle. The headset works good on my other phone.
    I emailed the store (treocentral) and the response was: " We have not experienced any problems with the Bluetrek with our own internal staff testing."
    Well I will return it and wait for a BT sdio card (I won't hold my breath)

Grock
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Unless the treo store or Bluetrek and give me a better answer or solution to the sound quality. I would not recommend this to the treo600 users.

Gary
    I for one DO NOT recommend this product to any user. I have used the Jabra BT200 and have had great quality sound out of it. The ONLY reason I gave this product a try is that it is SUPPOSED to have a better battery life on the dongle which is one of the BIGGEST downfalls for the BT200 system. Also this Bluetrek really stinks in how it fits in your ear. Actually it doesn't even fit completely in my ear and it moves around way too much. I am going to try and get a hold of this:

http://bluetoothheadsets.zoovy.com/product/A210

and try it with my existing BT200 and then maybe even try this with the A210.

http://bluetoothheadsets.zoovy.com/product/BT250

Also there is a new BT110 which is battery operated (I don't like)

I also know that Jabra is releasing 2 more BlueTooth headsets which are supposed to work with the A210. The one I am considering is the BT500.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Well I still haven't heard from the store on the sound issue. I emailed Bluetrek directly and this was thier response "" If your G2 headset works properly with your V600 phone, then the sound quality problem will be on the Treo 600 phone.
    Are you using profile 1 on the dongle? Please try it if not.""

I reset the dongle to profile #1 and still the same. Sorry guys It's just not a good solution. I wanted it to work.

I will return it.

Grock
    A210 is AWESOME!
    I am assuming the A210 is just a dongle?

Will the BT250 work with it?

Will the A210 plug into a Treo 600?

Thanks

SPG
    Not worth the expense - sorry. I'm well-acquainted with B-Tooth technology; and would have to say that the reproduction of speech from the BlueTek G2 is less than acceptable... it's muffled, choppy, and difficult to hear from the caller's perspective. The earpiece is a challenge to accomodate in the ear. Although cumbersome, I DID find value in the "pairing" and "profile" features. I'm not going to be using this purchase at all. I find Jabra to be better for the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPG
    I am assuming the A210 is just a dongle?

Will the BT250 work with it?

Will the A210 plug into a Treo 600?

Thanks

SPG
    Yes the A210 is a dongle its produced by Jabra and will work with the BT250

I am using it with the motorola HS810.

I have tried every wireless headset solution out there and I think I finally found the one that works.

The dongle is small enough to attach to the back of your T600 case so you aren't tethered to your hip. The best part of this dongle is that it adds FULL bluetooth (as far as headset profile goes) functionality to the T600 ie.. answer/end, call waiting and swap.

And the battery life is superb. I can use it for 2 full days. I use 5,000 + mins a month so to get that much battery life is a big accomplishment.
    The G2 with dongle is not a good solution for the Treo 600. It is difficult to install, instructions are fragmented and not integrated, plug connections are very sensitive, battery life is too short and speech quality is marginal.
    A too soon rush to market with a "klugey" solution. A waste of money in my humble opinion...