1.    #1  
    Perhaps it is too soon to determine but does anyone know if a subscription to say the WSJ on Audible.com could be downloaded over the air to a Treo each morning? Or does it absolutely require the use of a PC?

TIA...
    I think you need a PC thanks to Digital Rights Management. The PC desktop program "stamps" your code into any files that you download. The PDA versions of the software are simply players and can't manage the downloads.

In addition, while the Pocket PC version allows you to copy the raw Audible file as is from your PC after its downloaded (not requiring the desktop PC program to transfer it to the PPC), the Palm version must "convert" it. The raw file doesn't work without this conversion on the Palm.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mansouan
    Perhaps it is too soon to determine but does anyone know if a subscription to say the WSJ on Audible.com could be downloaded over the air to a Treo each morning? Or does it absolutely require the use of a PC?

TIA...
    You cannot download via wireless, although that would be super nice. I listen to the WSJ everyday during my commute. It is awesome!!

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
  4.    #4  
    Wow, thanks for the informative responses.

KIRBY: Do you listen to the journal on your Treo or do you burn it on a CD? I get the impression that you can leave a CD in your desktop at night and set it all up to download and burn in the morning with no intervention? With a CD-RW, it seems this would be a better setup through my car's ten speaker stereo system than trying to listen to the little speaker on the back of my Treo. I know, heresy...
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I have it set up so that Audible transfers the nearly 1 hr program onto my sd card. Once inside my vehicle, I use a Sony Cassette Adapter with a Treo Headphone Adapter on the end to listen to the program through my stereo system. Sounds fantastic! You could always use a wireless audio adapter & tune in through one of your fm stations. But I might try the cd burn method.
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular