1. PCB
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    From what I can gather, the 650 is not going to have Voice Memo as one of it's programs. Is this accurate? A clueless PalmOne rep said it would have the program, and could be accessed by the programable button on the side, but no one else I've ever found says so.

If it does not have Voice Memo progam in the Palm Desktop, is there a third party application that does the same thing, i.e. record quick voice comments? If I can't find something, this is a deal killer for me. Thanks.
    I am really hoping for this too. I think that the voicememo setup from the Tungsten T series is killer and I hope to see that integrated into the T650, especially, like you say, the one button voice recording
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Search for:

SoundRec
    Personal Audio Recorder (PAR)
    Audacity
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    yeah, but those are 3rd party. I want native with one touch and saving to SD card. I guess I'm kinda greedy though
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    If you purchase "Voice Launcher" you will then be able to start "SoundRec" by accessing the side button on the Treo 650. That is what I have done, and it works GREAT for me.
    shadowmite's custom roms have Voice Memo incorporated into them. You could probably use Voice Launcher to start Voice Memo using the side button as eap0108 has pointed out above.

jedi
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    You can load the PalmOne Voice Memo application to the Palm like any other app ... grab the files here (there are 2!): http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...voice+Recorder

Note that 5-button navigation does not work on the 650.

Also, grab Note Pad from this same thread but realize that there are prolems with how well the digitization works.
    Audacity works very well on the Treo 650. All record functions are accessable using the 5 way navigation pad. I like that a lot better than the button on the side. It is easier to reach for a lefty like me and also has 5 functions instead of just one. The learning cycle is slightly longer, but the end result is much better.