1.    #1  
    I was hanging up a call last night. The phone never disconnected the call. The call timer continued while stating "Hanging Up". I gave up after a couple of minutes and did a soft reset. Since that point, Wireless Mode will not enable. It starts the process, but then backs out to either "Wireless Mode Off" or "Network Seach".

I have performed a hard reset and even a battery disconnect reset.

Any other ideas before I get a replacement in a few days from Sprint? Not looking forward to waiting several days for a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmacphee
    I was hanging up a call last night. The phone never disconnected the call. The call timer continued while stating "Hanging Up". I gave up after a couple of minutes and did a soft reset. Since that point, Wireless Mode will not enable. It starts the process, but then backs out to either "Wireless Mode Off" or "Network Seach".

I have performed a hard reset and even a battery disconnect reset.

Any other ideas before I get a replacement in a few days from Sprint? Not looking forward to waiting several days for a replacement.
    Have you called your help desk? Even if it is a local hardware problem, they still may be able to help.
  3.    #3  
    I'm sorry . . . my help desk? Are you referring to Sprint and their tower? If so, no and it is not the tower as I drove 15 miles last night without effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmacphee
    I'm sorry . . . my help desk? Are you referring to Sprint and their tower? If so, no and it is not the tower as I drove 15 miles last night without effect.
    Yes, I meant Sprint. First, they may know something that you do not know. Day before yesterday, I could not use any data connection. I could not use GPRS or a dial connection. Since I was unable to think of a failure mode that we common to both, I assumed that the problem was mine. However, after an hour, I broke down and called T-Mo. Wouldn't you know, they owned the problem, promised me that it would be fixed in an hour or two, and it was. Incidentally, the problem included both the Stamford, CT train station and mid-town Manhattan. There are problems that can span fifteen miles and multiple cells.

Second, they have troubleshooting scripts. These scripts often suggest fixes that you and I would not think of.

I do not guarantee that Sprint has a fix but it will not cost you much to find out. If it really is a hardware problem, you will have to go to them eventually.