1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I just recieved my external battery for my Treo 600 which I purchased from Sprint. It acts differently than the one I had for my Treo 300 so I would appreciate some help.

1. When attached to my T 600 after charging it never reads higher than 60% left even though the battery icon is "full/solid" Why? Is this the way it works?

2. Given that this external battery is a pass through, exactly when does my T 600 automatically switch to using the external battery? Does the T 600 switch over to the attached external battery when the internal battery reads say 20% left or some other number?

I have the latest ROM patch and this external battery is made by Superior Communications. I have also searched on this BB for my answer but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance for your help
    The external drains itself to keep the internal charged. Provided that the external battery you have is the piggyback kind.
    Don't be a dummy, buckle your safety belt.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestar53
    The external drains itself to keep the internal charged. Provided that the external battery you have is the piggyback kind.
    Thanks but I'm confused. I have only seen one type of external battery. See this page for mine:

http://www.sprintpcsaccessories.com/...mfg=Handspring

Got a URL for one which acts as you describe?

And it definetly does not act the way you describe. The internal battery charge continues to drop over a period of time while the external is attached to my Treo 600. The exteranl never moved from 60%.

This is way different than my Treo 300 which acts as you describe but my questions pertains ONLY to a Treo 600.

Any one else?
    My battery is same as the one from the link you posted. Try doing a soft reset which is just pushing the reset button and then attach the battery, if that doesn't work then the circuitry in the battery is defective and you need to do a swap out for a new piggyback.
    Don't be a dummy, buckle your safety belt.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks so much. Did the soft reset but it's still broken. <sigh>

Any links to a vendor who has these units in stock would be greatly appreciated?