1.    #1  
    ok, i use snappermail and the problem is that when i first got my 600 it was working so fast but after the replacement recently with a new 600 because of a broken screen now (with the latest sprint firmware/updates) it takes way too long to fetch where as before on my first one it was very quick, pleas help!

oh i contacted Snapper and they said on their end sending them a snapper log they said it was on sprints end, server issues...........is it!!!!!!

this really sucks!
    The time of day is an important function when it comes to connecting to the Sprint server. Early morning and mid afternoon are immediate. About 8 to 10A though, good luck and it slows down again around 5-7P. This is in Honolulu, Hi, 2,500 miles west of somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Ben
    I cannot get snappermail to work with my sprint mail. Or even the regular mail app the T600 comes with. What are the exact settings ? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by KreativeArtz
    ok, i use snappermail and the problem is that when i first got my 600 it was working so fast but after the replacement recently with a new 600 because of a broken screen now (with the latest sprint firmware/updates) it takes way too long to fetch where as before on my first one it was very quick, pleas help!

oh i contacted Snapper and they said on their end sending them a snapper log they said it was on sprints end, server issues...........is it!!!!!!

this really sucks!
    Tell me about it. I used the free Handspring email program for a long time. I finally decided to buy Snapper. I always liked the extra features and had tried the demo. I have the same issues as you now. I deleted Snapper and started using Handspring again and no more problems. Snapper is full of you know what and not owning up to some kind of shortcoming( kinda Like Bush!).

I'm choosing the path of least resistance. I'm sticking with Handspring.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Tell me about it. I used the free Handspring email program for a long time. I finally decided to buy Snapper. I always liked the extra features and had tried the demo. I have the same issues as you now. I deleted Snapper and started using Handspring again and no more problems. Snapper is full of you know what and not owning up to some kind of shortcoming( kinda Like Bush!).

I'm choosing the path of least resistance. I'm sticking with Handspring.
    Though I am not surprised, you are misinformed. The problem is with the sprint smtp servers, as they are notoriously unreliable. If you would have just read the 2 posts directly above yours, you would have seen that the particular client you are using, tends not to matter.
    And the crap about Bush - that is unacceptable in this forum. The settings with Sprint are not difficult - just the need to ensure you have the correct passwords.

The smtp setting is - smtp.sprintpcs.com. The pop setting is pop.sprintpcs.com. Not a problem - just use the right password. If there is a question on that, contact Sprint. I found it easier to have them change it versus the Internet. Also, I use the secure connection and performance is good.

Ben
    Always secure STARTTLS ?