1.    #1  
    My palm pilot died and am now operating without one, don't ask how, it's rough! I got a new job that requires a verizon phone (my current cell is AT&T phone). Basically, I need a palm pilot and phone, hence why I want a Treo!

Problem- verizon treo won't come out till summer '05 probably. I have to buy a cell phone at the very least for my new job, but don't think I can live till summer '05 without a palm pilot. What would you guys do?
    Buy a 600 right now
  3.    #3  
    but the 650 has BT. I want BT.
    Waiting for the Sprint version of the Treo 650 isn't like waiting until the summer of 05. More than likely you will be able to get one in the next two weeks. I am in the same situation as you are. I have a dead Treo300. I am waiting for the Sprint 650. Then you will have a phone, a palm pilot and bluetooth. Everything you say you want. Merry Christmas.
    Rees
  5.    #5  
    problem is that I need a VERIZON phone/treo
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    By your wants, you can't get a Treo now with Blue Tooth. So get a palm and get a cheap verizon phone. Then get the Treo later.
    Sorry, I didn't notice that Verizon was a requirement. I agree with njchris.
    Rees
    Quote Originally Posted by keswick
    I got a new job that requires a verizon phone...
    I need a palm pilot and phone, hence why I want a Treo!
    VZW Treo 600 or cheap VZW cell and Palm device then get a VZW 650 later. Those are the only two options I see. Bummer that VZW is so slow with new devices. I'm most likely switching to Sprint due to that (assuming the coverage is good for me).
    problem is that I need a VERIZON phone/treo
    Both networks are CDMA. It was widely reported on this site that Sprint Treo 600's worked on Verizon.

It would stand to reason that the 650 should be able to as well.

However, we are talking about carriers.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I would buy sprint and force my job to except it as the device I need...
    Why think so small?

Worried about you having to pay the bill instead of your company?

Get what you need NOW from anyone! Go get a PDA2K. Pick up on a Treo 650 from Sprint. Guess what will happen?

Instead of spending all this time worrying and fretting over it you will become immediately more productive at your job. This in turn will get you a raise/bonus and while your hot at work convince them to go with whoever you went with and then when they do, you get reimbursed and possibly a promotion for "thinking outside the box"!

Hell what's your real name? I'll write you in as a presidential canidate on the ballot Nov 2. You can't POSSIBLY do worse than Bush!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Don't waste your time and money on the Treo 600. You might as well wait for the T650 and just buy a cheap or used pda and phone for now. Being a current T600 and still quite satisfied with it despite all the hardware issues ( now waiting for my 4th replacement in less than a year), that's what I would do if I were in your shoes.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    go back to using two devices...get a small mini phone and pick up, hmm the T5 LOL
    My palm pilot died and am now operating without one, don't ask how, it's rough! I got a new job that requires a verizon phone (my current cell is AT&T phone). Basically, I need a palm pilot and phone, hence why I want a Treo!

Problem- verizon treo won't come out till summer '05 probably. I have to buy a cell phone at the very least for my new job, but don't think I can live till summer '05 without a palm pilot. What would you guys do?
    If you believe that Verizon Treo 650 will not come out until summer '05, buy a 600 now. Revisit the decision when the uncertainty goes away.