Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by birdieman54
    If it makes you guys feel any better, the Treo 650s Palm employees were using at the Treo Roadshow were unlocked GSM.
    Just out of curiousity, do you know what carrier the Palm employees were using?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Just so everyone feels better. There's someone selling a Roadshow coupon on ebay and the price is now up to $330.00 for the coupon which allows the successful bidder to buy a T650 for $350.00. My math says that comes to $680.00 for a machine that could sell for a good bit less.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Bongmaster, Where did you see it in HK? I rather spend the same amount of money in HK and make sure I can check out the real thing before paying for it.
    Assuming it's even useable ... and I have some doubt about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by eugarps
    Just so everyone feels better. There's someone selling a Roadshow coupon on ebay and the price is now up to $330.00 for the coupon which allows the successful bidder to buy a T650 for $350.00. My math says that comes to $680.00 for a machine that could sell for a good bit less.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttgolf
    Bongmaster, Where did you see it in HK? I rather spend the same amount of money in HK and make sure I can check out the real thing before paying for it.
    Trying to track down yer stolen TREO 650 shipment?
    Quote Originally Posted by ttgolf

If you live in HK you would know where to find it. I don't really want to get the shopowner into trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    You gotta be kidding with that "destroying our country" comment.
    No, I agree completely.

Dunc
    Bongmaster, are you sure you saw it in HK? How can you get the shop owner in trouble? I am sure there are a lot of people like me that are willing to pay for the unlock GSM version now at a premium. That's how this thread was started. I am familiar with HK. There are lots of area in HK that sell cellphones. Are you talking about the area in Kowloon?
  9. 7ss
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic
    Cingular labeled phones at least. Not sure which SIM.
    what did they finish?
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    Well for anyone that's wondering... it turns out the eBay deal didn't go through. I spoke to the seller several times over the weekend and contacted some of the other buyers. The seller found out that the phones he had received from his supplier where 600's and not 650's.

I will say that he immediately refunded ALL of my money. I do believe he is a reputable seller on eBay and would recommend him. I think he just didn't realize how many people wanted these 650's and didn't plan the whole thing out right. Oh well... back to waiting like everyone else!
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    You gotta be kidding with that "destroying our country" comment.
    Seems pretty accurate to me, although maybe it should read:
    "Destroying the World"
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    as far as i know paypal only protects up to $500.
    when it gets really scary is if they ask for western union.
    if i smell the least bit sketchiness i get full name, phone number and address of the person. then i reference it on google and call them and talk to them personally and record the conversation. this gives you peace of mind and court evidence in case you ever need it, which, one time i did and had a guy thrown in jail for a coupla months and fined over it. it was very satisfying but wouldnt have been possible without my data collection.
    I'm sure it's just the attorney in me, but...

You realize that in many states, it is illegal to record a phone conversation without the other party's permission? Are you seeking that permission or recording the conversation surreptiously? What makes you think that the recording, if obtained illegally, would be acceptable court evidence? I am curious to learn more about your data collection methods and how you used this data in the situation you described - getting "a guy thrown in jail for a coupla months and fined over it." Perhaps you have a docket number?

Many thanks,
    Tibby.
    The one I spoke to the most was using T-mobile, that is the only one I asked about.
    I would have to say he was just "slighty" south of being fully honest. He claimed they were "IN STOCK" when obviously he didn't have them. If he had REALLY received them from his distributor it would have been easy to see the box said 600 and not 650 before he put up the auction. That's sounds kind of squirmy to me.

Yes, he seems to be a legit dealer, but he wasn't quite telling the truth.

The fact you all got your money back was excellent news.

The seller found out that the phones he had received from his supplier where 600's and not 650's.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I would have to say he was just "slighty" south of being fully honest. He claimed they were "IN STOCK" when obviously he didn't have them. If he had REALLY received them from his distributor it would have been easy to see the box said 600 and not 650 before he put up the auction. That's sounds kind of squirmy to me.

Yes, he seems to be a legit dealer, but he wasn't quite telling the truth.

The fact you all got your money back was excellent news.

i don't think he's honest at all, remember when some of us actually emailed the guy asking for the treo 650 pictures instead he told us that his camera is busted.....or whatever crap he was saying........
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon
    I'm sure it's just the attorney in me, but...

You realize that in many states, it is illegal to record a phone conversation without the other party's permission? Are you seeking that permission or recording the conversation surreptiously? What makes you think that the recording, if obtained illegally, would be acceptable court evidence? I am curious to learn more about your data collection methods and how you used this data in the situation you described - getting "a guy thrown in jail for a coupla months and fined over it." Perhaps you have a docket number?

Many thanks,
    Tibby.
    Maybe it's not applicable in this case, but I thought there were times when it was OK to record a phone conversation without having to disclose it such as when you call a business and you hear a recording stating "your call may be monitored or recorded".
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Seems pretty accurate to me, although maybe it should read:
    "Destroying the World"
    Oh yes. The world is almost completely destroyed.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I believe in some states it's only illegal for a third party to record somene else's conversation without their knowledge/permission, and in other illegal to record any conversation without disclosure.
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Maybe it's not applicable in this case, but I thought there were times when it was OK to record a phone conversation without having to disclose it such as when you call a business and you hear a recording stating "your call may be monitored or recorded".
    In that situation, you are being told that the conversation is being recorded - you can hang up, if you choose. Basically, they just disclosed it to you, right? In some areas, it is illegal to record a conversation without the other party's consent. By staying on the line when you hear such a recording...that's constructive consent.

Not directly in response to your post, but...

As for Wahili's post...I guess my BS detector went off. First of all, he says the guy got fined and put in jail. So this was a criminal case or civil? Did Wahili sue or did the state prosecute? Apparently, there was a criminal suit because there was jail time. So apparently some extremely busy states' attorney decided to use Wahili's collected 'data' in the prosecution? How did the case come about? What collected data of Wahili's was used? Smacks of a tall tale. I'm happy to admit it if I am wrong and eager to be proven wrong in this case. Until then,: "Pfft."
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast