Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser

I called Verizon and they said they were aware of it, even though the email came from the @verizon.com.
    It's very easy to spoof email addresses these days, hence all the "phishing" scams like this one, fake ebay emails, paypal, etc..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic
    Thanks MisterEd. I guess the only helping me sleep for the next couple of nights is the fact that the seller has replied to every e-mail I've sent and is still in contact with me. My rational is that if he were ripping me off, he would never have responded? Okay, I'm reaching but like Argelius... I'm a gadget freak and need serious help!
    see if he keeps replying to you once he has withdrawn the money from paypaypal funds to a bank account...
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Argelius, I feel for you. Just last week, I received a bogus email from Verizon DSL claiming my service was going to be disconnected unless I connected to a site and filled in my personal info including credit card number, social security and PIN!?!

I called Verizon and they said they were aware of it, even though the email came from the @verizon.com.

Now, I'm incredibly skeptical of online purchases and credit card usage. I'm even wondering if these vouchers from the road shows will produce real 650's.
    It really sux how bad it's getting onthe net. I get those "you must respond" emails phishing in the nam of my bank and credit card company's too. We may all have to adopt wahili's tactics pretty soon.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    It's easy to fake the "from" field in an email. But it doesn't really matter, because neither paypal nor your bank will ever ask you for stuff like your SSN or password in an unprompted email like that. Furthermore, if you check the URL of the link listed in these fake emails, they never refer back to the real site. I.E., instead of Paypal.com as the domain, it will either be an IP address or a cheezy similar name like paypalfraudprevention.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    Okay. Everybody wins. I am stupider than Bush. Enough with the scolding already.
    NO ONE is Dumber than BUSH!
    And I will proudly carry on your original avatar.
    Unless of course the TC Geztapo censor this image as well.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    ^no no, no speakie on that...we are talking aboot dah 650 on ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    NO ONE is Dumber than BUSH!
    And I will proudly carry on your original avatar.
    Unless of course the TC Geztapo censor this image as well.

I'd say it''s likely that those who thought they could get a 650 off ebay are clearly dumber than Bush. Since it it has been announced but not released.

That's really pretty pathetic (no offense you guys) but not as pathetic as special cajun hijacking this thread to spread his political crap. Stick to the off topic forum. This sort of stuff just makes you look childish.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Argelius, my fellow countryman. This board is for treo 650 talk. Please lay off the Bush bashing... I hear enough political s*%t and don't need it here. My politics are my business, and I don't wear them on my sleve here....you shouldn't either. K?
    Save the Bush bashing for somewhere else. who gives a s%$t who yo like politically. Stick to the treo please.
    I have ran into some eBay problems in the past. Did you pay with PayPal? If you did, there is a built in buyer protection tool. If the buyer does not respond with a tracking number then they will credit your payapl account back.

I would also file a complaint with your local police department as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by treorunner
    Save the Bush bashing for somewhere else. who gives a s%$t who yo like politically. Stick to the treo please.
    ditto
    While I know Ebay is better in some ways, due to all the security concerns with Ebay I now do all my buying and selling on craigslist.org. When I read threads like this, I am reminded why I stay away from Ebay.

Craigslist is local and you can actually go and check things out before you buy them and you can post things without any of the Ebay hassle. No shipping or paypal necessary. The downside is that it may be harder to find some things that you are looking for. Almost everything I have posted there has been purchased at the price I set within 72 hours. I may sell my Treo 600 using craigslist to get money for an upgrade to the 650 when the time comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    Bush is still destroying our country, however...
    While you're certainly entitled to your opinion, however dramatic and inaccurate it might be, I cannot fathom why you might feel that life under Kerry would be any better. All one can do at this point is speculate based upon the very limited access he allows to his agenda as would-be president. He's a big circle of fluff, developing his persona day by day as the desires of the audience dictate. Personally, I'll take the poison I know over the one that lies in wait.

"I want to git me a huntin' licence." Puleeze....

That aside, good luck with your eBay affair.
    Stop talking about Bush. He is actually very intelligent. Being president is HARD WORK. OFF ROAD DIESEL ENGINES!!!!

OK. He's not.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Despite what my avatar might suggest, this is still not the forum for this topic: it can be discussed in the "off topic" forum. Let's please get back to the thread's subject.
    You gotta be kidding with that "destroying our country" comment.
    Charliec
    Flush The Two Johns!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry had to add it
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    If it makes you guys feel any better, the Treo 650s Palm employees were using at the Treo Roadshow were unlocked GSM. Maybe, just maybe, this seller has a connection and got a hold of a few others. However, after seeing that someone is selling (or trying to sell) an unusable 650 coupon, I just have to believe this sale is also a scam.
    There seem to be some people selling 650's. I was at a popular mall today here in Hong Kong and one of the shop had 650's selling at HK$7500 which is close to US$1000. He had the physical GSM unit on display. The store manager claimed that he got some units through a contact in Taiwan.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    The store manager claimed that he got some units through a contact in Taiwan.
    Stolen shipment from HTC?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast