Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After spending a week with the Treo 650, I must say that the improvements are pervasive. Every corner of the software has been 'touched up' and the changes are especially apparent in the Mac version of Palm Desktop. But now that the shiny-ness has worn off, the one change between the 600 and 650 that has proven the most profound remains the camera.

I know, I know. We were all disapointed the see that Palm only included a 1/3 megapixel ccd instead of the hoped-for 1.3 mp. That said, the camera in the 650 is so far ahead of the 600 that it defies comparison.

Well...almost.

With a Treo 600 in one hand and a 650 in another, I took a few pictures and posted them up to my site. See for yourselves.

http://www.bomad.com/
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    wow
    Yum. I need my Treo 650 pronto.
    Very nice!

We look forward to more pics and posts.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 10/30/2004 at 04:49 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    That is incredible! I think the 650 pictures look great. I'd think low res camera on a phone makes since for now for today's networks and hardware. Must be quicker to send, take up less room on the device, and much quicker to view on the device. I've been reading a book on the history of the Palms and it all started with the idea that "less is better". I think that's what makes it appealing to me. I've worked with Windows all day for years. I'm ready for something that's quick and intuitive. Something that is all about function.
    great comparo shots, obviously a huge difference.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Amazing pictures. Can you share with us how you got the 650 so quickly?

And who is that attractive lady in the picture
    man the cam is like night and day...
    Very impressive. Didn't realize how much difference there was bewteen the two cameras. Truly functional now for those "sure wish I had my camera with me" moments.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    im just thinking watching those images...if i had a camera like that, i would have had better pics (better quality pics) when i went to see the family guy live show in montreal this summer (once in a lifetime opportunity)

here is the pic in case you are wondering
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...49_23Jul04.jpg
    Wow! Pics are beautiful. Thanks, 8o8o8o8o, for sharing them! The Treo 650 will be my first camera phone and now I am very excited. (Like I wasn't before, LOL....)

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Does anyone know what PalmOne did to actually make the camera better, if not the Megapixels? I'm guessing the lense?
    yeah its the lense they changed (the manufacturer of the lense)..i believe it was said in the treonauts review
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    im just thinking watching those images...if i had a camera like that, i would have had better pics (better quality pics) when i went to see the family guy live show in montreal this summer (once in a lifetime opportunity)
    Really off topic: THERE'S A FAMILY GUY LIVE SHOW?!?!?!

TheHandlessKing
    Something smells fishy about those pics.
    One of the most important things about taking pics is the lighting. Lighting is the key. If you look at those pics closely, it seems that the lighting on both pics are different. Look at the pic with the girl, take a close look at the shade in the background. I may be wrong about this, but I'm not sold on this huge difference between the two cameras yet. I will wait and see on this one.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    There is always one guy who wants to be different and smarter, right treosixoo.........
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Something smells fishy about those pics.
    One of the most important things about taking pics is the lighting. Lighting is the key. If you look at those pics closely, it seems that the lighting on both pics are different. Look at the pic with the girl, take a close look at the shade in the background. I may be wrong about this, but I'm not sold on this huge difference between the two cameras yet. I will wait and see on this one.
    You callin me a liar? ;-)

Seriously, both pics taken at exactly the same time with a Treo 600 in one hand and a Treo 650 in the other. Exact same conditions. I'll try to post some more pics again today to give you some more examples. But really...the difference is that dramatic across the board.

PS, the blonde is just some model I keep around for times like this when I need to do a photo comparison...aka wife <g>.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8o8o8o8o
    You callin me a liar? ;-)

PS, the blonde is just some model I keep around for times like this when I need to do a photo comparison...aka wife <g>.
    On your bed? Only for taking pictures? aka wife? wow!!

Al
    Wow, a MAJOR difference between the t600 & t650 camera. Very impressed! How did you get ahold of one so quickly?
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Forgot the phone, can I buy the wife?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast