1.    #1  
    I have a TON of contacts on my Treo 600 right now....the entire Maximizer Database for my company (16,000 or so!), and I want to get them OFF! lol...how can I do this? A mass delete of an entire category of contacts so that when I hotsync, they don't get reloaded on there. Not sure how to do it?

*edit*

figured it out....just deleted from my Palm Desktop and did a Hot Sync
    Last edited by OpenIntro; 10/30/2004 at 03:24 AM.
    Yep, I was sitting at Sprint trying to figure out how to delete my whole address book when I gave them my old phone. Never did get it all off.
    a hard reset will get rid of everything .

jim
    OpenIntro - Deleting a category is tough -- if you use one of the free utilities like filez (search for the link) and delete AddressDB.pdb, you'll lose the entire thing. You might want to check out one of the 3rd Party programs which replace the Addressbook. Search on Handango or Palmgear.

billyhell - next time do a hard reset which only takes a few seconds.
    Funny...I just went to check on the Sony Ericcson 910i (my boyfriend wants to get it and he asked me to take a look and see if I like it) and the sales man asked me how to delete all the contacts off the Treo600 (he knows I was the first on the island with it) and alas! I told him to do a hardreset...great minds think a like..hahahaha...joke!
    yeah, palm desktop is the way to go if you're doing any serious editing of contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Funny...I just went to check on the Sony Ericcson 910i (my boyfriend wants to get it and he asked me to take a look and see if I like it) and the sales man asked me how to delete all the contacts off the Treo600 (he knows I was the first on the island with it) and alas! I told him to do a hardreset...great minds think a like..hahahaha...joke!
    910i is a nice one.
    Better yet, download Mass Transit from http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=228 - it will delete multiple entries, or change categories of multiple entries. It's a little batch processor for your contacts - and it's FREE!