Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if you will be able to view contacts by Company Name with the 650. The thing I could not except with my treo 270, then my treo 600 was with Hand Springs version of Palms OS, you could not view contacts by company name, only first or last name.

It says it ships with the latest version of the Palm OS, but its not clear whether they have made this change.

Also anyone syncing with Act. Have you had much luck with contact notes syncing with Act Link 2.0. I'm using Act 2000, and the notes don't sync reliably
    Last edited by dvkim; 10/30/2004 at 11:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Actually, does anyone know the differences between the OS on the 600 and 650 ?
    5.2.x
  4.    #4  
    Any news on this yet, I had the 600 but returned it because of this imho flaw. I will buy the 650 only if you can view contacts by company name, like I can on my Palm Tungsten.
    You can view by company, as it uses the same PIM software as the T5. Buy!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by dvkim
    Any news on this yet, I had the 600 but returned it because of this imho flaw. I will buy the 650 only if you can view contacts by company name, like I can on my Palm Tungsten.
    Sorry to inform you but...

On pages 104 and 105 of the T650 User Guide titled "Looking Up Contacts and Other Information" there is great detail about how to look up contacts using your T650. But it only refers to First name, Last name and First name initial and last name.

At the bottom of page 105 there is a "Tip:"
    "To search by company for a person's name you can't remember, open Find, and enter the name of the company."

Clearly the software has not changed! But the problem has been identified!!

You are the problem because you cannot remember the name of the person you want to call.

Typical of a software developer (I know because I am one). There's nothing wrong with my software but I am willing to give you an inconvenient work-around because I'm a nice guy and I'm smarter than you.

Go Broncos!
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if you will be able to view contacts by Company Name with the 650. The thing I could not except with my treo 270, then my treo 600 was with Hand Springs version of Palms OS, you could not view contacts by company name, only first or last name.

It says it ships with the latest version of the Palm OS, but its not clear whether they have made this change.

Also anyone syncing with Act. Have you had much luck with contact notes syncing with Act Link 2.0. I'm using Act 2000, and the notes don't sync reliably
    Agendus will do that and more
  8.    #8  
    It seems idiotic to me that every palm I've ever owned (including my current tungsten) gave the the option to view/sort contact by company name while this silly device nor any Handspring/Palm Treo does not.

Plus-Still no voice recorder.
    ...Does anyone know if you will be able to view contacts by Company Name with the 650...
    On the Treo 650 I received yesterday I can...

Kiddin aside, I've installed the simulator and in Preferences you can have Lastname, Firstname and Company, Lastname.

Made a copy of the frames.

Bye,

Ton

Attached the file, hope it functions
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #10  
    Can any one else who has received a 650 confrim that you can view your conctacts by company name, and not just firstname/lastname lastname/firstname like the 600, 270, and 180?

Come on, my old Palm Personal let me view by company name.

Thanks for your replies.
    Last edited by dvkim; 11/16/2004 at 10:06 PM.
    It seems idiotic to me that every palm I've ever owned (including my current tungsten) gave the the option to view/sort contact by company name while this silly device nor any Handspring/Palm Treo does not.

Plus-Still no voice recorder.
    there's a free voice recorder available -- it's called soundrec -- infinityball.com.

do some searches before saying something's not available. motionapps has a better recorder, but you have to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonio78370
    Attached the file, hope it functions
    That helps. Can you do one more thing please? Can you add a contact for Tom Frank at company PALMONE and a contact for John Smith with NO company?

I would like to see what it does from multiple contacts from the same company (I think I know) AND what it does in "company" mode for a contact that does not have a company.

Thanks!
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    I think I understand Palm's logic -- if you sort by company name, you won't be able to find a contact in 2 or 3 characters -- and I have to say I agree with them. I rarely need to find someone by company, and if so I use the find option -- works really quick!
    go.digital
    Has any one else who has received a 650 confrim that you can view your conctacts by company name, and not just firstname/lastname or lastname/firstname like the 600, 270, and 180?

Thanks for your replies.
    This was specifically asked by some one at the Chicago Treo roadshow as I recall and the answer was yes! Also, the PIM on the Treo 650 has been updated to the same as found on the T5/T3, so it shouldn't be a problem...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    5.2.x
    Wow! Can't wait!
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    there's a free voice recorder available -- it's called soundrec -- infinityball.com.

do some searches before saying something's not available. motionapps has a better recorder, but you have to pay for it.
    He's not asking if you know of any programs that do this; he's asking whether the 650 does this and the answer seems to still be "no".
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    I haven't used it in a little while, but as I recall, TakePhone would show you entries the match a company name as you type it in. There are other third party apps that also can probably take care of it, so I wouldn't give up on the phone just for this.

-Brian
    do yourself a favor and get Agendus.

best app (after Snappermail) I ever bought for my Treo.

Palm built-in apps are not up to the task.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec

The problem is I sync with act which is already unreliable. How does agendus sync with act. Have you tried it?
    Last edited by dvkim; 11/17/2004 at 09:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec

What's the difference between the agendus professional and standard editions?

Nevermind...found it (I was looking at the windows version)
    Last edited by bobva6; 11/16/2004 at 10:15 PM.
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast